Anticipation

The anticipation of the arrival of my new GPX 4500 has got me dreaming of finding my first nugget. I just hope all of the successful nugget hunters out there leave one for me to find. It doesn't have to be a large one, but boy wouldn't that be nice. <dreaming again> Maybe its the thrill of the hunt. I don't want to get ahead of myself so I'm asking all the pros here to share their 4500 settings with me - please!!!! I should be using the MD in the AZ and/or NV area. Please be specific, if possible. I hope I'm not asking too much.

With Regards,

Tx

Hey TxGold,

We will leave you some, but you better hurry up and get that GPX-4500! Where did you purchase yours from?

You're going to love the GPX-4500, it's an amazing metal detector.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

Rob I purchased it from you - remember last week. I'm James Harris in Austin. I'm waiting for it to come in sometime in Dec (hopefully). I know its on backorder, but I admit the anticipation is killing me :)

TxGold (aka: James Harris)

You"ll have to forgive ROB, he's sooo busy, he don't remember if he's supposed to sleep or get up. Ha! Ha! Gotcha! ROB Grubstake

You're right Grub..... After speaking with him last week, I realized what a great fellow he is. He's got a brand new baby (congrats Rob) that keeps him running. He took time out of his long day to really help me decide on this purchase, etc. Not only was he professional but he was very genuine and friendly. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone. I couldn't be happier. :rolleyes:

Tx

Yep, Besides that he and his pretty wife both have full time{over time} jobs and still manage to get detectors and stuff out to customers. And then on top of that he has to find time for field instruction, Changing baby diapers and Who knows what all else. Rob Is also taking classes to better his life. To just say he is busy, is an under statement. Grubstake

• Admin

Hello Tx,

Just razzing you, I knew it was you! :D:lol::wub:

Make sure you watch the DVD when you get it. That DVD is a wealth of information and you will get a glimpse of me working a small section of wash here in Arizona.

Thanks once again for your business. Looking forward to meeting you in person.

Rob Allison

Guest dennis sanders
The anticipation of the arrival of my new GPX 4500 has got me dreaming of finding my first nugget. I just hope all of the successful nugget hunters out there leave one for me to find. It doesn't have to be a large one, but boy wouldn't that be nice. <dreaming again> Maybe its the thrill of the hunt. I don't want to get ahead of myself so I'm asking all the pros here to share their 4500 settings with me - please!!!! I should be using the MD in the AZ and/or NV area. Please be specific, if possible. I hope I'm not asking too much.

With Regards,

Tx

its real simple its called factory pre set,s...however if you want to get fancy may i sugest the following.....deep..sesitive extra..run in fixed...with your gain about 5-8...and its a must have a 12 inch round advantage coil should do the trick...i sure hope you didnt pay an astranomical price for your 4500 like some are doing...lol.lol.lol

While I use a 4000 some of the info related to either machine.......... Number one thing is read the manual! Then read it again, keep it on your coffee table and read it again. Factory presets are very good settings and you really cannot go to wrong starting out with them. It is hard to give anyone settings because the ground varies so much from area to area. When you do hit a target, that is the time to do a bit of experimenting. Change from say Patch to Deep of general ans listen to the differences..... or maybe within general, change the audio to a different setting.... dig the target and see ........

It is a bit of a steep learning curve, but the more time spent getting to know your machine at first will certainly pay off later.

Another key tool is learning to make the machine quiet (smooth threshold) in any ground...... if the threshold is unstable you need to tweek the settings(audio,gain, etc.) from within the mode(patch, general, etc.) you are hunting.

I know when I first got a 4000 I wanted to know the secret settings too....... Ya just have to learn the machine and how each change in setting effect another setting........ I have not seen the Video, but am guessing those type of teaching aids are fantastic.

Once again... factory presets are a great start