Minelab News, Please read.

• Admin

Hello All,

Just wanted to let you all know Minelab has been making some changes here recently. Minelab USA, Inc. is committed to providing excellent support to the customers and dealers like most of you know.

However, due to unavailability of service parts, Minelab will no longer be supporting repairs on the following machines:

• Goldseeker 15000
  • Sovereign
  • Musketter
  • Musketter XS
  • GT16000
  • Excalibur - NY & BK w/Sword
  • Sovereign XS
  • SD2100e
  • Eureka Ace Dual
  • Sterling
  • SD2000
  • Explorer S
  • FT16000
  • XT17000
  • SD2100
  • Relic Hawk
  • Eldorado MK2
  • Gold Striker
  • XT18000
  • Golden Hawk

Minelab will no longer perform after market mods to detectors or the following work -

• Changes to electronic circuits except under warranty as authorized by a Minelab Technician.
  • Changes to electronic circuits except as directed by Minelab Corporate Engineering
  • Connection, disconnection, adjustments, etc. of non-Minelab accessories
  • Fitment of non-Minelab coils (after market coils)

Just wanted to update you all.

Rob Allison

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that really sucks!!!!!! :angry::angry::spank: ...I'm specifically referring to the sd2100 ... I've been thinking about sending my ol' Baboo in to Minelab for a check up and a few fixes...I guess this might be a good opportunity for someone who knows about such things to pick up a few bucks on the side... (Nugget Bob????) ...Cheers, Unc

Guest Mike C...

This is total BS---they lower the values of our beepers by introducing new ones every couple of years and now that they just started this crap anyone who has one of these beepers on the axed list just got really screwed as far as resale value--who wants a beeper that can't be fixed when its broken- :girl: --we support them by buying thier products and this is how they repay us :angry2: no more new minelabs for me-I'll buy used instead ;) hell the other MD companies still service thier older models---and as far as custermer service goes it use to be good when Dick was there but according to some its really went to hell--luckily I have'nt had to send any of my MD's in but I better send my 4000 in before its on the axe list as well---anyone want to buy a 18000 really cheap :angry: ----Mike C... :ph34r:

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I was a bit shocked when I seen the bulletin myself. I think it's more of them getting the parts, but I will see what I can find out. I would agree, the resale value of these detectors just went down the drain since Minelab will not repair them! It looks like all the metal detectors on the list are at least 5+ years old.

If I find anything new out about this I will post it here.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

What I don't get about this is that an electronic part is an electronic part no matter how old it may be... The size of diodes, resistors, and capacitors don't change very much over time so I don't understand why they would do this! :blink: Whats the harm if somebody is willing to pay for the parts and service? I would think if anything servicing their older models would help their business.

Sheesh this happens right at the time I was going to send my army green SD2100 in to have some minor problems fixed and now I'm screwed! :angry: They need to ax whatever dips%$t came up with this brilliant idea, this is a very bad move by Minelab!! Maybe I should start using White's since I know they happily service their older models.

Del

There's a couple of highly experienced technicians here in Australia who can service and fix SD units. You only need to send the control box so not much shipping costs to get them here! Everything seems to be financially motivated at ML these days now that Codan is the owner :spank: Oh well, where ML leave off, someone else will take up the slack!

Thanx, Andy

Rob. That stinks!!!! There are some who just recently bought new 2100s . Like Andy says though, there are guys in OZ who can and will fix Minelabs . Just a drag sending then half way around the world to get them tuned up. Sounds like Minelab USAs sneaky way to get those using the older models to by a new detector. It will backfire on them BIGTIME! They will lose a lot of faithful customers . You and the other dealers had better band together and demand that they get there program straightened out. It was already getting worse by the day and now this . PATHETIC!!! This comes after I was assured that Minelab USA was overhauling their service department and all the problems were getting worked out. I guess not fixing anything took care of a lot of the problems? Maybe they ought to move their offices out of that fancy place their in now and find someplace with more modest rent so they can afford to take care of their customers. That place they are in now is big enough to build airliners in, Come on , they are selling and fixing a few detectors. What do they need that place for. ----Bob

Well I guess it is time to take another look at White's PI....It does take all the aftermarket coils and they do have a great service record...And if we all start leaning towards a good ol' USA company it might be best for all of us down the road ...BUY AMERICAN...Cheers, Unc

Yo Allen...With their rediculous pricing, that's a bit over two of their latest-greatest (which by the way probably will be repaced with the next big deal very soon) ... Well, if nothing else there will be lots of cheap older Minelab detectors on the market--Course, now their disposable--Thanks Minelab...Way to support your most devoted customers!!!!! :spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank::spank: Cheers, Unc

Hey guys

Just a thought and I don't know how everyone feels about these guys but I bought a newer sd2100 and sent it off to Australia to have Woody do some modes to it. I got it back in less than two weeks and it works flawlessly and much better than my old green 2100 ever did. So this is an option. I'm sure they can do repairs also along with the mods.

Take care, Wes

I think they call them "CORPORATIONS" don't they. I never worked for one in my life that gave a S$$$ about anyone or anything but their BOTTOM LINE.

My grandfather worked for one for 50 YES FIFTY YEARS and was given a dinner and a gold watch, My uncle worked for the same one for 30+ years and they went OUT OF BUSINESS. " NEATO"

Thatys the main reason I dislike Corporations.

Guest goldstudmuffin

Marco, so does that mean the parts are different for the older green 2100? Rob's post said "due to unavailability of service parts".

I already emailed Minelab USA and told them what I thought about it, I'm glad I got ride of my Soverine and Excallibur eary last year. I don't beleave theres that much, if any difference in the old Excal, and the Excal.2 they just changed colors on them, Grubstake