GREAT NEW YEARS DAY OUT NUGGETHUNTING

• Admin

Hello All,

Today a couple partners and I went out nuggethunting in hopes of finding our first gold nuggets of the year. I decided to work some old spots with the new GPX-4500 and Coiltek 14-inch Goldstalker searchcoil. I ended up stumbling onto an area I hit way back with the SD2100, but didn't find anything but trash. I walked right into this spot and started banging gold nuggets! I was freaking amazed on what I missed with the SD ... I must have dug about 50 trash targets along with eight gold nuggets. After about four hours of hunting this location I was pretty pooped, so my partner took over and found two gold nuggets.

Biggest nugget I found was 4.8 Dwt (almost 1/4 ounce). All eight nuggets together weighed 6.8 Dwt. All came out of old drywasher tailing piles.

I also have a couple of Youtube videos I will post soon.

These freaking Coiltek Goldstalker Searchcoils are amazing! The depths we are punching down with them on the GPX's ... :girl:

Nuggets I recovered are on top of the coil. Bottom two gold nuggets are my partners.

Hope you all found some New Years Nuggets also.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Wow Rob!

Great way to start of the new year!!! I am looking forward to hunting with you with my new detector you sold me in a couple of weeks or so. Nothing like seeing nuggets like that to get one excited to get out and hunt again. You are cetainly great to deal with.

As for me, I am getting married to Judy again - We enjoyed it so much the first time (35 years ago today) that we decided to renew our vows. Should be a kick. The best man will be there, a bunch or our friends that attend the first time, as well as our 3 daughters. Funny - I am not as nervous this time as I was the first!

See you in a couple of weeks or so. I will give you a call next week to let you know when we will be arriving at Golden Valley, AZ. Have a great weekend and happy hunting - I hope your success contines and that some of it rubs of on me!!!!

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Here are a couple of short Youtube Videos I created from the last hunt.

IronMike - Yep, the big ones does look like a Heart. Was pretty surprised when I hit the bigger one. All the smaller ones seem to be right around the same size and shape.

Nuggetshooter - Looking forward to your visit and field instructions. If I can't get you over a nugget, then I will just retire! ;) I can never guarantee a nugget, but I do my best to put you right smack in the middle of where I've been finding them. Always a pleasure doing business with you. See you soon ...

Matt - Wish I had more free time to hit the goldfields with the new coils and GPX-4500. Too many places to go back to and too little free time. Wishing you tons of success for 2009 over there.

LuckyLundy - Thanks. Weather has been really beautiful lately here in Central Arizona. They are talking rain for this coming Saturday evening or Sunday. I need to get back out and visit my dredging claims. I heard the water is running very well.

Take care all,

Rob Allison

Great Rob, I think you may be the most active in selling and using and testing your own product,along with the willingness to teach others. I will be moving up into the minelab world this year myself,so you may see me down there. Planning a trip this winter(-16 degrees here now) to Lake Havasu City to visit the boss, may as well bring the MXT and FGB-2 along for fun. I see you had a great time iat Moore crek also. How is Glen?

• Admin

Hey Minerdude,

I only use what I believe in 110%. I love this Hobby of electronic prospecting and also love to show people how to find gold nuggets. I guess it's just my nature to teach and pass on what I've learned. There is no other feeling to see a new customer find his first gold nugget. The expression on their faces is priceless!

Minelab and Coiltek have a lot of confidence in me, one reason I'm one of the only US field testers.

Whenever you're ready to jump into the Minelab world, just let me know and I will get you set up with all the stuff you need. I also received your email and wrote you back.

Lake Havasu is a good gold nugget area and also known for meteorites. Some big nuggets have been found there over the years including a nice 40+ ouncer on the Lake Havasu Gold Seeker Claims. :blink:

Moore Creek is an absolute blast. If you haven't been there, I highly recommend a visit if you can. I've done very well there with the Minelab/Coiltek Combo along with many friends such as Glenn. Speaking of that Glenn, he found over "one pound" of gold nuggets in a weeks time there.

Thanks for joining the forums and hope to see you posting more in the future.

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hey Gaine,

Happy New Year to you also. The year is starting out good for nuggethunting, hopefully it will continue through the whole year.

Are you planning on going back to Moore Creek this year?

Glad you all enjoy the pictures and video's. I just enjoy to share the experience with others that are just learning or can't get out as often. I know it sure keeps me fired up when I read stories about gold finds, pictures and videos.

Wishing you a very successful 2009 year.

Your friend,

Rob Allison

Hey Minerdude,

I only use what I believe in 110%. I love this Hobby of electronic prospecting and also love to show people how to find gold nuggets. I guess it's just my nature to teach and pass on what I've learned. There is no other feeling to see a new customer find his first gold nugget. The expression on their faces is priceless!

Minelab and Coiltek have a lot of confidence in me, one reason I'm one of the only US field testers.

Whenever you're ready to jump into the Minelab world, just let me know and I will get you set up with all the stuff you need. I also received your email and wrote you back.

Lake Havasu is a good gold nugget area and also known for meteorites. Some big nuggets have been found there over the years including a nice 40+ ouncer on the Lake Havasu Gold Seeker Claims. :blink:

Moore Creek is an absolute blast. If you haven't been there, I highly recommend a visit if you can. I've done very well there with the Minelab/Coiltek Combo along with many friends such as Glenn. Speaking of that Glenn, he found over "one pound" of gold nuggets in a weeks time there.

Thanks for joining the forums and hope to see you posting more in the future.

Rob Allison

Gaine, Did you change detectors? I see you found gold at Moore crek this year,Great!! Steve H. said it was a good year and the pics are proof. Been to Moore creek Rob, 1st group with you and Glen and Gaine, Tom, John P.Rich. Heard from Rich L.?I'll be working in Fairbanks again this summer ,made good contacts hope to get enough time to play..