Coiltek DD Pro Elite vs plain DD Pro

Has anybody tested the New Coiltek 14" Tan DD Pro Elite Round coil against the older Orange 14" Round DD Pro coil? (Elite vs. non-Elite using the GPX-4000 or GPX-4500)

I just received the older Orange DD Pro version today for use on some harsh soil with a GPX-4500.

I was expecting the newer tan Elite version but they sent me an orange one instead. (not happy about that)

I am wondering if there is any real performance difference between the two. Does anybody know?

Best Regards,

Don

Marketing is a wonderful thing with names they use. There isn't to much you can do to a coil. The Pro model is supposed to go deeper, maybe elite is new lighter version, I wouldn't worry to much about it, or send back and request the other. Have you also thought about a "salt" coil if it is that bad? Don

Hi Don,

From another forum

"hi shine, the new 18"x12" and 14"x9" Goldstalker "EL" (extra light) elliptical mono's are to suit all sd/gp/gpx range, they do however run especially good on the gpx range. The new DD PRO Elite series are for the sd/gp range only at this point in time. keep tuned for more new coil releases.. peter (coiltek)"

In other words the Elite series are not being recommended by Coiltek for the GPX at this time, so it sounds like you are better offf with what you have. Whereas the Goldstalker is a good GPX coil.

Steve Herschbach

Don,

I apologize, that was my error. I did not know you wanted the new Goldstalker DD 14 inch round. When I got the order from Gus it didn't say anything about Gold Stalker.

If you are using a 3500 or older, there is no performance difference between the DD PRO, and the DD PRO GoldStalker.

If you are using a 4000 or 4500, yes there is a difference. You will for sure want the GOLD STALKER coil, as it has been optimized for the 4000 and above, technology. Not that the DD Pro won't work great on your 4500 it will, but you will be happier with the Gold Stalker technology.

So being you are using a GPX4500 you for sure want the latest and greatest. When I got the order from Gus it didn't say GOLDSTALKER so I just went on automatic pilot and pulled a DD Pro out of stock. I'm not even sure Gus knows we have the 14 inch DD round in the new GoldStalker technology. Gus is working out of his home now, as he was wasting 3 hours a day commuting in Las Vegas rush hour traffic, so it is hard for him to keep up.

I apologize for the confusion Don, I will get a NEW Gold Stalker 14 inch DD Pro out to you right away, please return the other at your earliest convenience.

As my 18 year old daughter would say, "My Bad!" Whatever happen to saying, "I am truly sorry, I screwed up, what can I do to correct my error?"

Doc

Has anybody tested the New Coiltek 14" Tan DD Pro Elite Round coil against the older Orange 14" Round DD Pro coil? (Elite vs. non-Elite using the GPX-4000 or GPX-4500)

I just received the older Orange DD Pro version today for use on some harsh soil with a GPX-4500.

I was expecting the newer tan Elite version but they sent me an orange one instead. (not happy about that)

I am wondering if there is any real performance difference between the two. Does anybody know?

Best Regards,

Don

Don,

I can't find you in my invoices, did you buy this from my dealer Belda Detector Sales and was it shipped to Priority Components?

By the Way, the other reason I assumed that you wanted the DD Pro is because the new Gold Stalker is $70 more.

So you should get with Mark Belda if you want to order the other coil.

Thanks!

Doc

Best Regards,

Don

Hello Doc,

The coil was purchased through Belda's and shipped to my work address Priority Components.

I was thinking the tan coil was just called the "DD Pro Elite". **See the attached picture.**

Does Coiltek have a NEW Goldstalker DD Pro 14" coil that hasn't been advertised yet?

I have not seen a DD coil with the Goldstalker name on it yet but I have seen the Mono Goldstalker

coils. (I own the 18.5" Goldstalker Mono) Or is the tan DD coil actually still called the DD Pro Elite?

If there are new Goldstalker DD coils are there any larger sizes like 18" Round?

I will give you or Gus a phone call on Monday.

Best Regards,

Don

P.S.

Unfortunately, I already used the Orange DD Pro coil today and scratched the skid plate so if there is another

Goldstalker/DD Pro Elite version that performs better on the GPX-4500 I will have to buy it separately

from you and sell off the orange DD Pro coil myself. The DD Pro coil with Enhance timings was the only

coil that could cancel the nasty iron hot rocks here in Washington State. The mono coils won't cancel the thousands

of hot rocks here no matter what timings I use. Therefore, I couldn't wait to use the DD coil because I was given limited access to a gold claim and had to start the detecting or lose the opportunity. My monos sound off on all the rocks but not the DD Pro. (And the stock 11" DD coil doesn't get enough depth and has too much EM noise.)

You know Don maybe I am confused. Things have been a little hectic. I have not even unpacked the new 14 inch coils yet, they are still sitting in receiving.

I ordered 100 each of the 9 x 13.5 and 100 of the 12 x 18 GoldStalker coils. And Trevor and the guys at Coiltek have been very busy, so once they had 60 of each I told them go ahead and ship me what you have. Well I have been so busy with getting those out to people. I think I have 3 of the larger GoldStalker coils, and maybe 10 of the smaller ones left. I thought all of the new tan coils were GoldStalker technology.

I'm a litte red faced here, guess I need to check and see exactly what I have and talk to Trevor to get some clarification.

Sorry, it almost seems as if through a comedy of errors you may have got the coil you needed anyway without paying the extra money. Whatever the case is, if the tan coil would be a better choice then we certainly will credit you back for the other coil.

Thanks!

Doc

By the way makes no difference that you used the coil. We will just put it on the floor as a demo, or put it on one of the rental machines. It was my fault for not understanding what it was that you needed.

Doc

Hello Doc,

The coil was purchased through Belda's and shipped to my work address Priority Components.

I was thinking the tan coil was just called the "DD Pro Elite". **See the attached picture.**

Does Coiltek have a NEW Goldstalker DD Pro 14" coil that hasn't been advertised yet?

I have not seen a DD coil with the Goldstalker name on it yet but I have seen the Mono Goldstalker

coils. (I own the 18.5" Goldstalker Mono) Or is the tan DD coil actually still called the DD Pro Elite?

If there are new Goldstalker DD coils are there any larger sizes like 18" Round?

I will give you or Gus a phone call on Monday.

Best Regards,

Don

P.S.

Unfortunately, I already used the Orange DD Pro coil today and scratched the skid plate so if there is another

Goldstalker/DD Pro Elite version that performs better on the GPX-4500 I will have to buy it separately

from you and sell off the orange DD Pro coil myself. The DD Pro coil with Enhance timings was the only

coil that could cancel the nasty iron hot rocks here in Washington State. The mono coils won't cancel the thousands

of hot rocks here no matter what timings I use. Therefore, I couldn't wait to use the DD coil because I was given limited access to a gold claim and had to start the detecting or lose the opportunity. My monos sound off on all the rocks but not the DD Pro. (And the stock 11" DD coil doesn't get enough depth and has too much EM noise.)

OK Don,

Here's the good news. You have the right coil. Talked to Trevor and he reminded me of the conversation that we had already had.

The NEW BEIGE DD PRO ELITE, 14 inch round works best on 3500 and below. It has to do with a timing adjustment between those older machines and the coils. Trevor said that while the older DD Pro works great, the DD PRO ELITE runs a bit quieter, smoother, and gives just a tad more sensitvitiy over the standard DD Pro on these older machines.

HOWEVER, because of the newer technology in the 4000 and 4500's they have been made to run smoother and with greater sensitivity anyway, when Coiltek tested the DD PRO ELITE against the DD PRO on the new 4000 and newer 4500 there was simply no appreciable difference in performance, therefore, there is no sense in paying the extra money for the Beige DD Pro Elite if you intend to run it on either of these machines. I mean that is unless you have a fetish for the color beige.

So you are set to go. Trevor said they will not discontinue the old Orange 14 inch DD Pro because it is a great coil that works fantastic with the new machines and old machines alike, and there is no reason to force people into paying more for the 14 DD PRO ELITE, if they don't need it.

The advantage of this new coil is for the folks out there with the 3500's and below who would like to have a coil that gives a bit more smooth operation and sensitivity.

I love being the representative for a company like COILTEK, because I can always trust they will give me the straight scoop. I mean how easy would it have been for them to say, the new DD Pro Elite just works better on all machines! Instead they come right out and say, NOPE we tested it, works better on the older machines, no appreciable difference on the newer machines, so save your nickles!

Take care!

Doc

• Admin

Hello Doc,

Thanks for the update. I was a bit confused on what worked with what best .... :mellow:

New Beige works best on GP3500 and prior, while the orignal Orange DD Pro works best with GPX series, or with other detectors, but just not as good as the new Beige ones.

P.S. Customers are asking about the new Goldstalker 24-inch elliptical. I think I'm the last to hear the latests. :o

Hope that is right.

Rob Allison

Yes unless it's a beige coil from the GOLD STALKER line they just kick butt with every machine.

Doc

Hello Doc,

Thanks for the update. I was a bit confused on what worked with what best .... :mellow:

New Beige works best on GP3500 and prior, while the orignal Orange DD Pro works best with GPX series, or with other detectors, but just not as good as the new Beige ones.

P.S. Customers are asking about the new Goldstalker 24-inch elliptical. I think I'm the last to hear the latests. :o

Hope that is right.

Rob Allison