OK! The Forum is TOO! QUIET

Someone make some post! Its too quiet here! I have been busy, took the wife to the DR. today, she had to get a 24hr heart monitor put on, at noon tomarrow it comes off. In my spare time we moved in a new refidge, andnewer dinning room set, Jer gave us and a bigger micro wave. different vac. and tomarrow I weedeat this place. Jer gave me a bunch of cammos, that don't fit him anymore, I lost weight, I'm down to 31 inch pants now. Sheps going to try his 20inch Nuggetfinder out this weekend, Matt and my uncle are coming, and the weather is supposed to be nice. So! Whats going on with everyone else? speak up. Grubstake

Guest sandtrap

Nothing here, Grubstake. Bickel's Camp had a combined BLM, friends of Bickel's Camp work party. Place looks good, and they have a "real" good caretaker there, now. Rocky Road is "rockier", and been trying new spots. Homeland Security has it's priority #1, tho, so it's been 12 1/2 hrs. nitely work

Hope to get up to Ahwahnee again soon to vsit my friends,and to maybe enjoy your company for dinner ,. I'll warn you in plenty time. Take Care !!

Well Grubstake,

It's just too damm hot to do much over here. Cooled down a few degrees today.

Been wanting to get out, but the last few days its been running 112 to 116.

I did go out the other day and found a few but they was just too hot to pick up so I left them laying there.

Figure to go back in a couple days, when it cools off and gather them up.

Ah, hell it's even too hot to lie. :rolleyes::lol:

Bob T.

Well Bob, we finally got a small cool down, so Sat. will be hunting day. One of the 4 of us should get on one. I can't wait until we get one or two good rains. It will sure make for easyer diggin. Now you no its not too hot to lie, its just that the first lier doesn't have a chance. :P:P:P:P Grubstake

Well Grubstake & Colorado Bob,

Cool weather is just around the bend, outings being planned, 24k pushs opening up in the middle of Oct. things are going to start hopin :blink: ...........Didn't get out this weekend because of my bum leg (am climbing the walls) :angry: ...Hope I can get this leg fixed up & working before the push...................Been trying to get hold of Rob for about four days to reserve or prepay for one of those new Platypus Mono Coils when they come in, as this will be the biggest coil you can use at the start of the push day or days at the 24 K....Sure like the elipticals better than the round coils for pinpointing...........Thanks for all the great posts Grubstake, There an inspiration to us all --------------------- wonderer

Wonderer, I don't know how soon the platy. monos will be in, I'm waiting for a test coil. hopefully soon, as prime hunting time is coming soon. Trev is a little behind, because of production mess ups. That was the last word I got yesteday. I think they will be kickers on the 4000. Take care Grubstake

Gold at 690.00 and still climbing!!!!!!!

I have been helping a friend in Oakhurst work on his house before he has to go in for prostate treatment on the 19th hopefully every thing turns out for the better.

We have been doing alot of armchair mining but that is it.

Looks like high 80's low 90's for the weekend!!!!!!!

Take care,Matt

Talk about quiet, I've been waiting for someone to come into my shop for awhile now. The heat back here in the east(NC) has all the temp PLUS the humidity and when it's 100 deg here, you really know it and there ain't nobody with any $$$$.

Hey Chris, were you the fellow who burned the Burning man early :lol::o:lol: At $300 a head I bet they were P-turbed. for the premature ignition.

Some days I'd like to switch careers and be a full time beeper but the gold weighs as much as clay so it would be just as heavy toten 50 lbs of nuggets as clay. Better stay here less one of you wants to retire and trade a nugget patch for a coffee mug (I keep hopen ;) )

stay cool , Wyndham

Grubstake, I went out last weekend, like many weekends before to Camp 9 road by Angel's Camp. I have found a few flakes and really small nuggets there panning in some of the washes. Lots of lead last weekend, no nuggies.

So to date I have not scored with the GPX...

A few months ago I hit part of Alpha Diggins and some of the river areas by Washington, which is off the 20 below Truckee. Cool area but no gold under the coil...

Looking forward to pretty much going every weekend and possibly more as the weather get to reasonable here in the winter months.

I know most people have spots and are very reluctant to give them up, I would be too, but does anyone know of some basic places where I would have a better chance at scoring some sub-gram or gram nuggets? I promise if I find some good stuff I will make posts... :D

Oh, almost forgot, I'm waiting paitently for my NF 14E mono coil to get here! :rolleyes:

HH

JW

Well Houston is hot, humid and just all around yucky!

I spent most of the morning agonizing on whether to fly out to Phoenix mid October or drive out. The longer I stay in AZ to more reasonable it is to drive out, but then I waste two days driving. But then I get to bring more stuff!

Then I agonize on whether I should make it just a short trip in October and then do a long trip over Turkey day.

And then of course I'm back to the drive or fly decision.

Some one find me a job over in AZ or Nevada!

Geologist! Will travel!

Just get me closer to the Gold Fields!

LOL

I have to not only wipe the cobwebs off my 3000 and related coils, but I also have to round all the pieces up.

My wife decided to organize things one day!

Which means she moved them away from where they were to where no one could find them much less see them.

And of course she never remembers moving them! AUUUUGGGGGGGHHH!

But I finaly had a brain fart and realized why she can't ever remember moving my stuff!

I relate it to a speed typist! They don't read what they are typing. That is why they can type so fast!

Well what my wife is moving doesn't register with her. She just knows she doesn't want it there and puff it is moved! Sometimes that means it is GONE! Never to be found again!

Hopefully, her stratigraphic filing method will at least allow me to narrow down how deep in the piles I have to go to find all my bits and pieces!

Now if I can only find the cigarett sized miniturized circuited ground penetrating pulse induction all metal ignoring (except GOLD) detector that weights 1 oz that I built last May, but haven't gotten to market yet that also ignores all other detetors, black sands, dozer trash, boot tacks, aluminium pull tabs, bullets, nails, stelson wrenches, lighting strikes, airplane, engine noise, electrical interference, hot rocks, and bill collectors! OH and I almost forgot. It also includes bee and snake repellent! Mosquitos....well you are on your own there! All for the asking price of $1,200..........and it will show you a good time too! :)

I can't wait to try it out on some real nasty ground! Some place like ARUBA should work!

Did I forget to say it is a BABE MAGNET also???

Hope to see ya'll on the Hill come October!

Have a great one!

Oh! Some one post something contraversial! That should heat things up a bit!

Happy Trails!

Karl

Yea Karl, Houston is one of the few places where you can swim without a pool, just the humidity. Look behind the left-hands burlap for that $1200 PI, gotta be there.

BTW, Did you ever run into a fellow geologist named Igor Koonash(sp?) He worked for Foote mineral in Silver Peak NV/NC. Did his grad paper on the Lithium ash deposits there, met him back in the late 70's, very interesting fellow. On another note, I'm curious have you ever run into any of the heavy metals from oil well drilling prospects(I am asumimg that you are in the oil geology, being in Houston as you are). I had heard that dinosaurs wore a lot of gold chain stuff and well maybe????

Sorry for the bad jokes but like Grubstake said, it is too quiet around here :unsure:

Wyndham

Wyndham, I worked a little oil patch here in CA. near Kerman. we were starting a gas life operation, the large tanks that collected the pumped oil, had rings on top for venting and a collector for mercury, The owners had to pay to haul off the mercury, about 20 pound from each tank a week. I made a deal with them, they paid me a few bucks a pound and I brought it to the dredgers and sold it in 5 pound bottles for 20 bucks a pop. I was doing pretty good for awhile. Then I went back to driving longhaul. Grubstake

I used to work for a fellow in the Texas oil fields. He was to collect the BS from the tanks that settled out and haul it for screening and further refinement. When times got tough, he said they would go to the meters whose insides floated on mercury. Let's just say the mercury got him through the lean times along with diverting some of the good lightweight crude into his tanks as well. This was back in the 50's & 60's , remember the 10cent/gal gas. Hard to believe we got so screwed over. $3/gal gas $6/gal milk, $690/oz gold. Hey, No wait that last ones is the one I like :rolleyes:

Wyndham

Been pretty busy at work myself. More customers than usual coming in lately so only have time to cruise the forums once a day instead of my usual 2 or three times a day. Gotta take it when it comes because I need to save up for my summer excursion up North... Good to hear that others have been getting out 'cause it keeps me going until my next trip! Go get 'em guys!

It’s too quiet here! Well let's see if I can make a little noise? Rob has wanted to post some video on the forum for some time now but with everything he's got going it will be... (Like I said some time). Hell he hasn’t even posted the nug's him and me found last week. Just dinks but I'll take em!

Grubstake hope everything up there is going ok .I have yet to see the nug's you sent to Rob but coming from Mariposa I know they have character .Me and Rob were talking the other Hot day about how we would love to be up there dredging hopefully real soon we can make the trip back up!

Karl

Just remember it can still get hot here in October so keep that in mind if you decide to make it a long stay. Halloween is about the time it starts to get really nice.

Well let's see if I can make this video work here?

th_nug.jpg

Leaverite,

Nice movie, only took my slow dialup 10 minuites to down load :blink: , I'm to cheap to get anything faster <_< .

Nice to see somebody finding some gold :lol: . All my runs up to the 24K to test metal detectors & coils all I've found is cat wiskers & trash on push #1 ( that push is a great one to test Coils on & with that much trash, shurely there is more gold to be found). Thats all the farther I can drive up when I take my two wheel truck only.................Hopefully I'll get Healed up in time for the pushs ;) ................See you & Rob up there this winter, sometime..........................wonderer

Hi Dennis!

Great video clip!

That area looks like it has lots of potential, but I'll bet a lot of trash to work through! :)

I didn't write down the GPS coord's. What were they again! LOL :)

Seriously,

I know it is going to be hot, but at least I won't be in Houston!

I've given my boss my schedule and unless something comes up to block it, I'm driving out Oct 10th after 4:30 pm and plan to arrive later afternoon-early evening on the 11th into Congress if not all the way to Stanton. I'm going to stay all week and head back late on the 20th. I'm going to burn two days driving to and from, but I will be able to bring my toys!

Hey Rob, give me a call on my cell. I left a voice message yesterday. I have a couple of questions to ask you regarding different Coiltek coils I'm interested in purchasing.

See ya'll real soon! Wish I could leave today!

Karl