I'm Back

:D

I had a couple of heart attacks, plan getting back to beeping soon :D

Take care,

Ed

Big Ed,

Some of the guys here BRAG ABOUT being a member of the "1 Ouncer Club" or the "One Pounder Club" etc.......but there IS a crowd thats been TOTTALY OVERLOOKED AND UNDER-RATED.

WHAT ABOUT the folks who's had a heart-attack and STILL gets out occasionaly and finds more gold???Expotentialy these guys gotta be tougher...not just lucky.......to live and still talk about it?!

I'm sure somebody could make some rules...but I do believe this deserves to be a whole different catagory or CLASS of detectorist all together.

Personaly...its the ones who lives the longest to continually find the color are the most successfull!The doctors that want to contribute to this new club could arrange for some angioplasti coupons for raffles/contest instead of the normal silver coin or gold nuggie.

After dogin bullets,rattlers,bears and enviros for 60 years it would be a shame if the deadly Glazed Donut did him in........watch where you step.........those burgers will getchya!

BIGFOOT

:lol::wub::lol:

Thanks BIGFOOT,

I had three Stents placed in my chest at Shasta regional hospital :blink: I'm realy thinking about getting Garmin "Rino" GPS radio's. Thinking back, I probably been having smaller heart attacks since June of last year, and could have been bear bait :D

Take care,

Ed

Well ED, welcome to the club, I have six stents, 5 major heart attacks, and two weeks ago, a minor stroke. I'm slower than I used to be, but will beep till I die, which might not be that far off according to my DR. I guess maybe thats why the gold don't mean that much to me, its getting out and being with friends that really counts. Take care, take it slow for awhile, But do what you want in life, its short and we only get one go around. Grubstake

:D Thanks Gary,

You take care of your self too :D and I'm going slow for now. but planing a hunt with friends, to Virgin creek area, out of Denny, CA. In a month or two :D going in horse back, with GP extreem & my GP 3500.

Six stents :blink: wow, again thanks and wish you the best. never thought it would happen to me, just turned 44 in Jan :unsure: But I do love prospecting & time with family and friends.

Take care,

Ed

Those Garmin Rhino 120's I have a set, thats the way to go, if you get down, and something happen, you only have to key up, it shows where you are, to who ever has the other one, or anyone that has one, like search and rescue. . Combo GPS and radio. they work very well. I'm glad I have a set. Grubstake

:lol::wub::lol:

Thanks BIGFOOT,

I had three Stents placed in my chest at Shasta regional hospital :blink: I'm realy thinking about getting Garmin "Rino" GPS radio's. Thinking back, I probably been having smaller heart attacks since June of last year, and could have been bear bait :D

Take care,

Ed

The dang pills they give you will be the ones to put you down; as in some things will work while other things won't. :angry: Swinging a pick won't quite ever be the same. :mellow:

Shasta? wasn't that the one that worked on Merl Haggard. Unlike many of the rest of us, they used 6 wires (one for each of the guitar strings) to patch him back up. Perhaps you should've taken the garmin with you to the hospital, they might have been able to implant it so you'd never be lost in space, ha ha ha :rolleyes:

All I can say is the beer therapy must be working out allright, as I am coming up on my 5th year anniversary since the double bypass operation (a lot only make it to 3). My cardiologist told me that if anything, I needed to cut down on exercise, not increase it; eat real food, as in butter and steaks, none of the processed garbage; and last but not least: put away a 12-pak (beer) a week- not all at once.

If stents are all you get, count yourself as lucky. piano wire in the chest isn't much of a picnic, and after i went back to work, I had a lot of leaks. When I told my doctor, he told me to start wearing lots of red shirts cause it would blend in better and not be so noticeable. Eventually everything healed up okay, but its an ordeal that won't quit. I still get chest pains, and rhythm problems.

I think the root problem here is that we weren't built like the pioneer folk that our parents were. after WW2, the boomers caused so much work in the baby department, that god subbed the work out and the subcontractors used inferior parts...

:lol::wub::lol: Whats4Supper,

Thanks, and yes its the same place Merl Haggard, had his in Redding,CA. And yes I do count myself very lucky :D I was scared as hell :blink: Pills mainly blood thiners :huh:

Take care,

Ed

The dang pills they give you will be the ones to put you down; as in some things will work while other things won't. :angry: Swinging a pick won't quite ever be the same. :mellow:

Shasta? wasn't that the one that worked on Merl Haggard. Unlike many of the rest of us, they used 6 wires (one for each of the guitar strings) to patch him back up. Perhaps you should've taken the garmin with you to the hospital, they might have been able to implant it so you'd never be lost in space, ha ha ha :rolleyes:

All I can say is the beer therapy must be working out allright, as I am coming up on my 5th year anniversary since the double bypass operation (a lot only make it to 3). My cardiologist told me that if anything, I needed to cut down on exercise, not increase it; eat real food, as in butter and steaks, none of the processed garbage; and last but not least: put away a 12-pak (beer) a week- not all at once.

If stents are all you get, count yourself as lucky. piano wire in the chest isn't much of a picnic, and after i went back to work, I had a lot of leaks. When I told my doctor, he told me to start wearing lots of red shirts cause it would blend in better and not be so noticeable. Eventually everything healed up okay, but its an ordeal that won't quit. I still get chest pains, and rhythm problems.

I think the root problem here is that we weren't built like the pioneer folk that our parents were. after WW2, the boomers caused so much work in the baby department, that god subbed the work out and the subcontractors used inferior parts...

heart bypass surgery nowadays is as common as getting a tooth yanked. fortunately (unfortunately, for others), you got yours looked at in the nick of time.

Unlike yours, mine was caused by a rare situation that many cardiologists would not ever recognize, nor find the cause; sudden death risks by all means.

I had 4 heart attacks, fainting, dizziness, and excrutiating chest pains that would go on for hours (variant or unstable angina); usually while I was resting or sleeping.

One thing that I did start taking notice of was nature, climate, even breathing, because I felt that these were the last days on earth, instead of 'in' the earth. Knowing or feeling that you are nearing the end, gives you an appreciation of even the little things in life.

Unfortunately, our own economy, bankers and investors, etc., have seen to it that we are way in over our heads on house payments, and other money woes. It would have been nice to take off from work, but it's what keeps everything going along. I seriously doubt that I'll be leaving work as a pensioner, but those are the cards I've been dealt, and that's the hand I'll have to play.

Work, that once was the chore I would have soon been rid of, now adds the stability I need to face the day and force myself to do physical effort, with some sort of daily goal and a distraction from reality of sorts. It also pays for gas and motel to hit the beach, or the mining claim, and see life from different angles...

When you get down on yourself, depressed (which is coming soon enough), take time out to walk the river bank, go exploring old piles of dirt, or walk along the beach or something. savor the minutes and moments that you have left.

Some of us are destined to find big fortune and treasure, while the rest fo us are destined to just dig a big hole. As a loser of the first rate, I invite you to my holes to get the big ones that I missed. On one condition: if it weighs 7 dwt or less, tell me about it. if it is over that, keep your mouth shut and count your good fortune because I really wouldn't want to know what was lying there just another 2 inches from where I stopped

Big Ed,

I think you and I had talked in the past about FrenchGulch(me&girlfriend lived 3 miles UPSTREAM from the original townsite) and you sent some FIRE pictures of all the damage that had taken place.Redding was another Ol'Stompin Grounds place that I lived at for several years...those WERE my drinkin days and we used to hang out with "Merles" bass player John.Unfortunately I was more into the bottle then than finding color....Haggard has a ranch south of lake Shasta(but I cant remember exactly where because of Mr.Daniels).

ANYWAYS Ed theres some decent ground not far from Redding to MD or go find a Salmon...(I ate salmon smoked,baked,fried&grilled for 3 years and never got sick of it)....I saw some pickers that were found off of a major watercourse that were recovered CLOSE enough to the surface that a shovel scooped them up for a buddys sluice box within 6 hours.

As far as the responses above its accurate to say that prospecting in and of itself is already challenging enough by itself!But whenever death or a expiration date is found on your birth certificate.......you DO start to change your values and outlooks on life(Believe me I know).The risk's that are taken are discriminated upon differently...and things that were NEVER noticed before are now overwhelmingly appreciated.

I believe some of us wouldnt be here today if it werent for this hobby.........TEAR IT UP WHILE YOU CAN!

BIGFOOT

Thanks guy's :D

Grubstake, I've been looking at the Rino's and PLT's. I read, that now the rinos can run the full 5watt's for transmission out..Thanks again, and wish you & your family the best;-)

Whats4supper, its amazing what the doctors are doing now, I was scared as hell, the told me that they would decide what to do during the angioplasy-stents or open heart, and I was lucky. My dad, had open heart surgery back in 1972, and died in 1980. My biggest fears, whats going to happen to my Son. Its been only me and him since he was 5, and now he's 11, I'm very gratetful, to make a long story short, to still be here, and have bills, and being able to do the things I love and being with loved ones...

Bigfoot, thanks

And yes, I know French gulch well, the Tom Green, mine is open - has a rich strike and the are turning the old Washington, mine into underground parking for its worker's.

John, used to go to a friend of mine Donny Petes, cabin and play music, & drink and smoke lots - I to got clean & sober May 13th 1987 :D

Thanks again & take care,

Ed

big ed: a guy does a lot of things when he doesn't know what's in the cards. Not that I would have changed anything; but also the reason that perhaps I don't get my son in for a full review.

People that live with a blade hanging over their head, can't devote time to exploring the person within. Not that a lot can be done either. I just figure it's something else dumped into my or his lap, at which time he will have to deal with it. In other words, cross the bridge when you get to it.

Perhaps another gizmo to look at is the CPAP, a mask you wear at night while sleeping, to prevent sleep apnea. not enough oxygen, and start and stop breathing patterns, cause a lot of problems usually tied into the heart. Actually, the two most important symbiotic systems in the body are the working relationship of the heart and lungs, as each one will hinder the other, and the two of those are not stand alone problems, as would be the kidneys, pancreas, liver, bladder, or prostrate.

It really sucks when all of a sudden the old Gerovital (iron poor tired blood) commercials make perfect sense...