NEWS: 24K Gold Hunters Club Pushes

• Admin

Hello All,

Well due to the amount of complaints, the 24K Gold Hunters Club is limited searchcoils size to 11-inch and under for the pushes. This will only be for the first day of the push, anytime after that you're welcome to use whatever size you wish. We are trying this to see if limited the size of the coils will help some of the PI interference.

The coils that will be allowed in the push will be -

Minelab 8-inch round

Minelab 10x5 elliptical

Minelab 11-inch round

Coiltek Joey 10x5 elliptical

Coiltek 11-inch Round

Coiltek 11-inch Platypus

NF 10x5 elliptical

NF 10-inch round

All Minelab PI's come with a stock 11-inch coil, so this is why we went with that size and smaller.

Hopefully this will make it better for all.

Take care,

Rob Allison

24K Board Member

AWESUM!!!! :) ----- Even if I have to Retire my NF-14EM for a day :blink: -Less Gold? :(:P ----- Even I have had complaints about my coil affecting other ML's & S.Lobo --=--=----=-------------------A smoother threshold, a signal I can hear (my ears will thank you) <_<;) ---------------wonderer.................Thank You 24K Boardmembers for thinking of this.

Well.....................

I forgot what I was going to write!

First thing to go is the memory! Hmmm gotta watch my hearing .....must be next! :)

Oh well I must write something!

It was the night before Christmas! No that has already happened! Darn't it!

Must be the warbling from turning on my 3000 here in my back yard a couple of hundred feet from the high tension power lines with it in MineLab mode!

You know when I go into my super pasturized noise mode, I can't even here the EM interference of civilization and the power lines! Not even the warbling! Everything is sooo quiet! I can detect a half penny weight at about 4 inches. And that is from my back yard! Surprised me. I threw down some gold ore samples that I have and I even got a hit on them. And I live in a city with over 5 million people all around me and on approach to Bush Airport!

I believe that on one of the pushes I won't even here another PI or a VLF machine. In fact I remember being about 10 feet away from Skipper Bill back in November when he had his new 4000 out and I didn't even know he was behind me until I looked up and saw him looking my way! Yep very quiet!

Ya'll have a good night and a great tomorrow!

Karl

Hi Karl,

I think I remember that. When you hit the TUNE button it sure got my attention. Fortunately I just picked up a minelab 8" so I'll be ok next time I can get to a push. I usually move very slowly on the pushes and several people have gone marching by me swinging PI's like weed whackers about 4' away. Nothing I could do when people get that close. It seems to me a little courtesy and common sense would go a long way in helping the cross talk situation.

Smooth sailing

Bill

• Admin

Hello Guys,

It does come down to common sense and being courteous. I've had people turn their detector on within just a few feet and stand there just looking at me! :blink: Now I know they are hearing the same LOUD Interference I'm hearing, so what's the deal ... ? B)

Or, the people that decide they are done for the day, but instead of just turning off their detector they walk across the push with the unit still on interfering with everyone else.

The small searchcoil size should help a bit, if not, we will have to figure something else out.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Yo Rob & all...Yep, it is quite amazing that a relatively small, close knit group like the 24K folks can have such a larger number of folks oblivious to the others around them...Not only those with the units turned on next to some one else, but also those few who insist on hunting with loud amplifiers and not headphones...There's 3 or 4 who do that and it, on top of the cross talk, is making the pushes not much fun...I heartily endorse the coil size limitation, and hereby propose a headphones only rule during pushes...Cheers, Unc

I would think the one reason to not use head phones is while by your self in an area you fear snakes of the two legg kind as well as the ones that crawl on there belly on the ground. And in a push with all the other hunters you should not need to worry about those two factors. So would a VLF have an advantage over the pi fro this purpose as well. Or is the soil not VLF friendly. If it is fine on a vlf i would think that they would be a good choice. so you do not get the chatter between the detectors.

As a newbie I have to add that there is an etiquette that has to learned, it doesn’t come in the owner’s manual. I have learned to turn off my detector when not using it around other detectors. I did not learn it until I was at the morning push. I also learned that that big of a crowd is not for me. I’ll be on another push or on the hill until the crowd thins out. And it will be the next day because I want to use a 14†coil as soon as Rob gets some in.

• Admin

Hello DigAU,

I hoping to see the Coiltek 14-inch "Skippy's" in soon. A handful of guys asked about them at the Mesa Gold Show. I believe I have 9-10 on backorder right now and several have paid in advance for them. The minute I know something about them I will post it here.

Hope you all do well at the upcoming 24K push and filming.

Take care,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Terry,

Was hoping you would stop back over to the booth. Saturday was very busy and was tough to spend any amount of time talking to one person. I kept telling everyone to stop back over, but the crowd was pretty consistant the entire day.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

• 9 years later...

Jen, no ... The finished ripping folks off about 5 years ago, started another club that was a worse ripoff and disappeared ... Roadrunners seem to be the only viable club with many claims, although there are a few smaller clubs that probably have some descent claims, just not as many ... Cheers, Unc

• Admin

Hey Jen,

The 24K was sure fun while it lasted.  Hundreds of nuggets were found on the pushes.  Great club for the short time it lasted.  I heard (rumors) that they were still collecting dues/memberships even though the club was dismantled.  :wacko: