Cutting Back

My phone bill was almost dubble this month, so I will be cutting back, no more long distance calls for a month, but you can call me if need too. or email me. Ph# is *82 209-742-5956 or email me at :garyanddorhty@sti.net I have caller ID, so if I don't answer leave a message and call back later. Had some death in the family this past month, and my wifes sister has terminal cancer, and may not live through Christmas, but if you want instruction on detecting or just want to talk, feel free to call or email. I will still be on the forums every day. Grubstake

Hi! Flak, I almost got floored when my phone bill came today, of course its a month behind, all the calls were last months. Between my wife calling about her sister in FL. and me calling Shep, my uncle, and of course our DR.s are lng distance too. But with everything put together, it was dubble what it normally is. Soo I have no out way to cut back except on the long didtance calls, that will knock about $80.00 off our bills. So email and recieving calls is the way. Limiting our long distance to DR. calls. We got a whole 11 dollar raise this coming year, but the state of CA. seen fit to take $4.00 out of that for there part. Can't win for losin. I need to find some gold! It sure helps the budget. Grubstake

Well tomarrow may be the day, I'm going to 4000 acs. that Gerry Edwards takes care of, he's picking me up about 10 am, so who know, new ground is always lucky. Better be, I just had to order $240.00 worth of propane to heat this trailer up. Propane up here right now is 2.18 a gal, they will only deliver a min. of 110 gals. so thats what I'm getting. Winter has not officialy started yet. Could be a lot worse. No snow on the ground here yet, but I guess Shep got a smidgine of the white stuff the other night. Grubstake

NO! MIKE! I need to increase it by 10 fold. How about someone sending me some electric long johns?

:P:huh::P:P:P:lol::lol: Grubstake PS and two bean cans and a long string, so I can make a cost free phone. But the string has to go from here to Jacksonville FL. and to North Caralina, and Ohio, so my wife can talk to her folks out there. Grubstake

Grubstake,

I've never tried them but internet phone service seems to be a good deal. Maybe someone who has tried it could chime in. I work in Singapore and some of the guys I work with use Skype, they claim it saves a ton of money.

http://www.skype.com/

Here's a link to Vonage rates page. http://web.net2phone.com/consumer/voiceline/plans.asp

I've heard the quality is not as good?

Just a thought.

Regards,

Brian

Mr. Grubstake, I really enjoy reading your comments and the help and advice that you provide on many forums that I am a member. The Hipstick is a winner on my GP-3000, but I have not found any gold in Virginia since it is small and usually in highly mineralized areas. I will probably buy a Joey sometime in the near future. Should I buy the Mono or DD? Anyone may provide input on this question and would be appreciated. My friend and I found about 1/2 ounce nugget in the Smith River, 17 miles from Crecent City, CA in the 80's while dredging. Tell Gerry (I haven't joined his forum since I am waiting to be the 17,000 member soon) that I would like to buy a nice piece of specimen gold, reasonably priced from him. Also, Gary if you have some California Gold available for sale (up to $1,000), this will help you with your phone bill. Please send me a private message when it is convenient. Tell me how much and I will send you a personal check and you can wait until it clears then send me the gold. It only costs me 2.9c per minute for out of state calls on my landline. When I call within state (Virginia), it cost me about 11cents per minute. Also, I have an 800# that you can call me free of charge any time. Tell Gerry that I am considering a new Whites MD when they come out with a new model and would appreciate any advice that he could provide. Currently, I have more money in coils that I have in the GP-3000 itself. At least Whites has a display on their newer metal detectors that gives you a clue of what you are about to dig. Minelab, to my knowledge, does not have a waterproof coil, etc., etc. Thanks for your time and wishing you and Gerry and your families a very Merry Christmas and a healthy, and prosperous New Year. Roland in Virginia (Ruff&Tuff)

Well tomarrow may be the day, I'm going to 4000 acs. that Gerry Edwards takes care of, he's picking me up about 10 am, so who know, new ground is always lucky. Better be, I just had to order $240.00 worth of propane to heat this trailer up. Propane up here right now is 2.18 a gal, they will only deliver a min. of 110 gals. so thats what I'm getting. Winter has not officialy started yet. Could be a lot worse. No snow on the ground here yet, but I guess Shep got a smidgine of the white stuff the other night. Grubstake

Good luck Gary. There should be a lot gold with your name on it.

Ruff&TUFF, coiltek has a waterproof coil the 11X8 1/2 eiliptical open style coil, light weight and very good depth on gold. Also they have a ufo coil that is waterproof also, as far as the Joey goes, I would go for the DD as you can use it in Discrim. and also as a pseudo mono. they are around $199.00 Take care ROB has everything in his online store. Grubstake

• Admin

Hello Ruff & Tuff,

Like Grubstake stated, Coiltek makes several completely waterproof searchcoils for the Minelab SD/GP series. The Coiltek 11-inch Elliptical Platypus DD PRO is one of the hottest sellers right now. Coiltek also has the Mini UFO (10x17) and the UFO (12x24) and they are both Mono and waterproof. If you have any questions on these coils you can call, email me - auplacers@yahoo.com or reply back here on the forums or a PM.

I'm sure you have seen some of the earlier reports of Grubstake and his Coiltek Platypus coil. Not sure how many ounces he has found with that coil now. :huh:

Take care,

Rob Allison