Hey Grubstake the Trucker!

Way to go Rob. What do you need it for though. Are you going to start bringing in your own orders now. :lol: They are nice to have. It opens up a whole new area for some folks. I know i still take loads evry now and again for some people when they are in a jam. The last run i did was a 1:00 up to the Navajo nation to take a cat tranny up to a mine on the REZ. Made myself 1000.00 for a days ride.

Nice going ROB! Congrats! just stay away from the LOT LIZZARDS, or you'll make your honey very mad and might catch something BAD! Ha! Ha! :lol::lol::lol::P:P Grubstake Ps you can give me your 10-20 for your best nugget patch, not where you took you last 10-100 either. Are we straight on that?

Gurbstake If he has not driven much and hit the highway rest stops he may not know what a lot lizzard is......I had a bunch of them on parole.........awew------know what you can get from them. Forget the STD's and worry about aids, TB, etc. Jerry

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Thanks!! I'm not planning on being a trucker by any means, but I know it's good to have. It does open more doors out there in the employment world. I actually needed it for a job that I'm applying for. The job is a Substation Electrician and they do drive the Utility trucks which requires a Class A CDL. Journeyman Substation Electrician's make 75 - 100K a year easy. The first year most make around 80-85K with overtime and some out of town work. Might even consider some line work in the future.

Just been burned out taking all this Electrical Math and Electronic Classes, but hopefully it will be all worthwhile in the end.

P.S. I know what "LOT LIZZARDS" are, but not interested in them! I used to live right down the road from one of the biggest Truck Stop in Phoenix. :P The Lizzard I know is collard. :rolleyes:

Take care,

Rob Allison

Rob, make sure you alway get out, walk to the back of the trailer, look before you back, do it more than once if in dought. Most companies, have an automatic termination, if you back over someone or something. Never had any problems, with that, never had a ticket for anything, never was late picking up or delivering, never any freight damage. Two safety awards for 1,000,000 miles accident free. Very importantant when hauling "Class A" and other hazmat. Of course I know you will just be pulling a pole trailer and maybe a tranformer or two, but all still applies. Grubstake

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Thanks for all the kind words. A CDL is just another tool for the employment world. I don't plan on becoming a trucker, but it's always good to have just in case.

Grubstake - Good to have a friend like you that has driven all those miles. If I ever have any questions you're the first person I will come to. It's quite the accomplishment to be part of the "Million Mile Club." ;)

Gaine - Yes, I'm able to drive the big rigs now if I prefer, but will probably only drive Utility Trucks. The Utility Trucks have a GVWR of over 26K, which requires a class A CDL.

Take care,

Rob Allison

My father and uncles all work for Arizona electic power co in willcox. My uncles are line man and sub station speacelist. They are all well off from going into this field. my father was one of the plant supervisors until he retired.You will also find that going out to those power stations will open up some new country for you. Please let me in on all the big bucks you will see out there as well. My uncles kill some of the biggest desert bucks evry year from finding them out while they are "working". :lol:

I was a security gaurd for pinkerton and did security on some of the sub stations as well as the plant.

• Admin

Hello Arizona Guide,

I have to agree with you, they all make very good wages. Most of the Journeyman Electrician and Lineman make over 100K per year. They can pretty much go anywhere in the country to work due to the training they receive.

It does open up some new country for hunting and prospecting also! ;)

Take care,

Rob Allison

Rob, ask me anything you want about trucking anytime, one thing to remember, is the truck and load is the drivers responciblity, anything happens, your the first and last one they jump. Your the captain of the ship. I've had people tell me when I was driving, oh! yeh you can get you rig in here, get out go look, its a fence 30 ft. from the dock. I said hey, I'm 65 ft long, got a 53 ft trailer. No way can I get in there. There answer: Ups gets into our Dock all the time! yeh sure, there only 26 ft long! Bring the fork lift and a ramp, you can unload me in the street. For real that happened a few times, once in down town New York City. Never went back there again. And don't have the urge to go either. Grubstake And on pole trailers, watch out for the tail swing, I know a guy that slid his tandems up, so he could make a tight corner, for got about the tail swing, and took the top right off of a car, when turning the corner. His last day working, For that company, anyway.

Congrats on the CDL. Had mine for 35 years, and when I retired here in Arizona I gave it up.

Had everything you could have including motorcycle. After 35 years of bouncing over the road

I figured I just want to ride through the desert in my buggy and enjoy the rest of my life retired.

Good Luck, and remember everything Grubstake said. AZ B)

Mr. Rob, now you can apply for a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) (probably the largest U.S Government Agency) job. They have jobs all over the U.S.A. You can do contract work if you do not want to be a Government Employee. Most people are not aware that the U.S. Coast Guard is under the DHS. Also, are you interested in a trade-in of my GP-3000 for GPX-4000. Thanks, Ruff&Tuff.