Minelab GPZ 7000 Metal Detector Scores Huge!!

• Admin

Hello All,

Here is a picture of a 1.2 Kilo gold nugget found just recently with a Minelab GPZ 7000.  I believe it was also found with the new coil, 19-inch, but going to confirm to make sure.  I'm not allowed to talk about where it was found, but it was found on old detected ground.  

Due to the depth of the nuggets being found, they are considering a dozer in the area.  Prior to this find, the finder found a 300 Grammer! 

A personal friend that has purchased several Minelab's sent me the picture.  He asked to not re-share this picture anywhere else, one reason I watermarked it.  Please respect his wishes on this. 

Great find right before Christmas! 

GPZfind (2).jpg

• Admin

Hey Guys,

No doubt it's a Golden potato.  It's not Alaska gold, but rather lower desert region gold! :huh:  That is all I can say right now as the finder is doing well in the area and don't want any hints on where he is hunting.  He did tell me, the GPZ's are killing it here, so all the stuff I keep hearing about the GPZ not doing well, these guy would rather you believe it.  They hunted this region for 5 solid years with GPX series and are cleaning up now with the GPZ's.  I have an invite, I just don't have to time (shame on me)! 

On 12/30/2016 at 3:18 PM, nuggethunting said:

Way2cool,

That was correct.  I sold a few GPZ 19-inch coil to that group, wasn't sure if they found it with it or not.  You are correct, just the GPZ 7000 with the 14x13 stock searchcoil.  What a great find and I'm sure the finder was excited! 

Wow that's some interesting info. Wish I had a safe, reliable "in" down there. Gotta be some good huntin' there.

• Admin

Hey Tortuga,

I have plenty of contacts, but I sleep better on this side of the border.  Some great nuggets being found over there, but the are here on this side just as plentiful.  Not all, but many locals have the mentality that "it's their" gold and an American is an outsider. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, nuggethunting said:

Hey Tortuga,

I have plenty of contacts, but I sleep better on this side of the border.  Some great nuggets being found over there, but the are here on this side just as plentiful.  Not all, but many locals have the mentality that "it's their" gold and an American is an outsider. :ph34r:

Yah..............loosing your life over some yellow metal just isnt worth it! Is one heck of a hunk of gold though!
Tom H.