Mining Claims Overview 2016

As Claims Advantage Members know we have begun our annual Special Reports on the year in Mining Claims.

The first report is 14 pages covering the last seven years claims numbers on a State by State basis. We've produced a public one page report to give you a look at the basic numbers over those last seven years.

Land Matters Annual Mining Claims Review Overview 2016 Public Report is available free online and as a PDF download from this page.

From the charts and tables in the report you can get a good overview of claims activities over the last seven years. There's also a depiction of all the mining claims current by State and Type at the end of the 2016 mining year. (see below)

I'm hoping this information will help clear up some of the large amounts of misinformation being put out by different groups over the last few years. You can get a feel for the actual patterns for new and closed claims as well as acreage and small miner status over the seven year period.

Land Matters will be following up soon with a very detailed 15 page 2016 State by State comparison for Claims Advantage Members only. Shortly after that Special Report Land Matters will send a 14 page administrative report to Claims Advantage Members. That's the BLM mining claims "report card" for 2016. That report will be very enlightening as to how well and when each State's BLM office handled their claim duties in 2016. Land Matters will be offering a briefer public version of that report too. I'll post an announcement on this forum when that public report is available.

Here's a quick look at active mining claims at the end of the 2016 mining year.

Current_Active_Claims_by_State.jpg

The Land Matters Mining Claims Maps were updated yesterday as they are twice each month. It's the most current claims mapping available.

Land Matters is a fully qualified non profit educational organization with no paid employees and no advertising revenue. We depend on individuals like you to help us continue our work. If you appreciate our efforts please consider a donation or a Membership.

I myself haven't been able to contribute as of yet, however I would like to say I do thank you and very much appreciate all the hard work and dedication it must take to assemble all this valuable information. Very good work sir. Dennis