Report on the NF 17x13 EVO Searchcoil

• Admin

Hello All,

Here is a report on the new NF 17x13 EVO Searchcoil from AuWanderer -

Hey Rob and all......,

Just got back after 4 hours of hitting a patch or two. What I was pleasantly surprised with was how lightweight it was, I expected it to be much heavier. I do like the tapered edge  as it slides smooth on the surface and grasses coming up after the few rains we had. I did notice more ground noise  in areas with heavy clay and medium mineralization. I dug a few fathom sounds which ended up just being the ground. In other areas without the clays it ran very smooth and no false signals.  I hit a few targets that I missed with the other coils that I would contribute to the new  Evo coil , seemed it just pulled that target out, I could have easily missed it if I were not listening but the target was giving a nice mellow deep signal on both left and right sweeps, after a few inches I was sure I was on a target and not ground noise. The signal was sharp and not so broad as heavy mineralized ground noise can be. I went to another location and worked the bank of a small creek and some higher benches right above it. The time was 12 o'clock noon and this is when I wanted to stop as its Thanksgiving, but...... lol I was not satisfied going home without some gold and new coil !! So as I was working the bank which by the way I scanned before in the past I got this nice solid hit left and right very clear, so I am thinking Crap another .22 cal bullet..you know that sound I am sure. Well luckily it ended up being a nice 2.31 gram placer nugget. I am very happy with the coil, for me its the perfect size and really is not that heavy for everyday use. I think it handles the ground very well, I just need more time on it to dig more targets and gold to really have a better idea what it can do. This nugget I found today I more than likely would have gotten it with another coil if I got the coil over the target, but I got the Evo over it this time. 

And this -

Thanks Rob,

Just got back from a quick 2 hour hunt and scored a .70 gram piece..was thin and 3/4 long like a long rice kernel...7 inches deep ! Excellent coil. Killer coil..........