28.1 Grams I missed with the GPX 5000 - Rough Gold

• Admin

Hello All,

There is always debate about detectors and what is better, so here is a picture of two short trips back in September of 2015.  This is an area myself and 3 buddies discovered and pounded the hell out of.  It produced a bunch of gold, most was shedding off a quartz ledge (at least be believe).  We actually found the area with GP & GPX units with 14x9's and 17x13 inch elliptical coils.  

When the GPZ was released, this was one of the spots I wanted to revisit right away due to the characteristics of the gold.  Majority of the gold was really rough, some contained ironstone and quartz. 

Two trips almost an ounce of the good stuff with the GPZ.  I didn't have much experience on the unit at that time, but did revisit the area several more times and found many Grams of gold missed at depth.  

Both units are great, but I love the GPZ 7000.  

goodstuff (640x480).jpg

You forgot the pictures!!!! :)

TOm H.

Boy, your not kidding its rough! :) Nice gold for sure.

Get the shovel out. Bet you could drywash some nice gold in that area.

Tom H.

I believe the coil field of the GPZ is also a greater help.  The monos go to darn near a point but the GPZ is documented showing that it does not lose much diameter even at full depth.   Downside is you really want to keep all metal to a minimum, now.  I could get away with some stuff on the GPX but the GPZ is just far too sensitive.  Where you carry any pinpointers, guns, gps can and will have an effect on hearing the small or deep stuff.