Anybody watch Ghost Mine?

Ghost Mine is a show I've been watching on the "Destination America" channel. I believe it was originally shot for the SyFy network. Destination America been running ghost-themed shows all month because of Halloween and this is one of them.

I'm not a big ghost/paranormal believer and honestly I wish they'd just completely cut that crap outta the show but the hard rock mining footage is pretty cool. Can't think of any other shows out there that film actual underground gold miners doing work. It's not like Gold Rush with the loud-mouth bearded guys yelling "no guts no glory!" and driving huge haul trucks around all day.

This show is just interspersed with "paranormal investigators" checking out a supposed "haunted" old gold mine in Oregon alongside the miners working there just trying to re-open the mine and extract some gold. One of the female investigators is pretty easy on the eyes too so its kinda a "so bad its good" show to watch. Give it a try if you haven't seen it yet.

• Admin

Hey Tortuga,

There was one a few years back on the Octave Mine.  They were looking for the "Blue Devil Ghost" if I remember correctly, which was someone associated with the mine back in the early days.  I can't recall the entire story, but they came out on site and filmed one of the segments of the show.  I seen the vehicles on site and found out later it was them doing the filming. 

About 20 years ago I remember walking into the main portal of the Octave Mine. I only went in about 100-150 yards and it was too dark to continue without good lighting.  There was a large, iron door that was removed or ripped off the main entrance.  I heard there are miles and miles of tunnel underneath Weaver Mountain. 

• 4 weeks later...