Back in the Field Today with the ML GPX 5000

• Admin

Hello All,

It felt good to get back onto the goldfields and start hunting some gold nuggets again.  I farted around for about 5 hours with my GPX 5000 and Coiltek Elite searchcoil.  Managed to dig a handful of trash targets and these three gold nuggets.  Nothing to get too excited about, but sure felt good to get a few nuggets under the coil once again.  

Largest was 2.4 Dwt's and a total of 2.8 Dwt's.  

The weather was really nice this morning.  Hope you all got to get out and swing.

goldtoday.jpg

• Admin

Thanks Guys.   Nothing real exciting, but it felt good to get some exercise, enjoy the cooler weather and get a few nuggets under the coil again.  I'm excited for this coming Winter prospecting season.  A lot of new coils available for the SD/GP or GPX series along with the Flagship GPZ 7000. 

Yep I'm so glad the weather is finally breaking down here and cooling off. The other day in Greaterville when it got late in the day it almost felt chilly!

It was good to get exercise too, my back, arms and hands are still sore from all the digging and swinging. I need to get back in detecting shape for the winter!

Nice job Rob...

Re the weather... here in Gold Basin it's been actually quite cool at night, I even fired up the heater in the travel trailer a couple times.... had quite a bit of rain but the days have been mild. Had some lightning today and threat of rain, rained a lot yesterday....

Jen

Sweet! At least your finding some :) I have a hairy black and white thing following me lately!
Tom H.

• Admin

Hello All,

Got out early this morning and found 7 small nuggets.  I went out Saturday late in the day, found a few dinks, but managed to get up super early and hunt this one location for 2.5 hours.  I will post a picture later, just got back.  I forgot to charge my batteries, both died on me, reason I'm back so early ..... LOL :D