Pretty good couple days on Lynx Creek

The heat has backed off a bit and I managed to bring these home, on two different days of detecting.  The nuggets on the green background I found last Friday, and the ones on the black background I got today.  I found "non" of these on bedrock, but instead they where embedded within a thick clay-like (hardened) mud between large coble and boulders.  This hardened mud gets like concrete in the summer, where you can't even get a pick thru it, but due to the rains in last few weeks it had softened the mud.  Just goes to show, not all gold nuggets are embedded within bedrock. 

1.22 Grams (9-12-2016).JPG

100_1905.JPG

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Nice nuggets. Sounds like you found the pay layer, usually thick red clay (depending on the location ofcourse). 

NO, actually I found the nuggets just down stream of a greenish bedrock and grey decomposed volcanic bedrock stretch of the wash.  The whole wash is rich in black sand (magnetite), and most of my nuggets have very fine grained magnetite embedded within the crags of the nuggets.  This grey decomposing volcanic bedrock is the source. 

43 minutes ago, ABKen said:

Very nice nuggets.  If you don't mind, what detector do you use.   I'm guessing a GB2 would work good in that circumstance.  

I swing a Minelab GP-3000..... I don't know if a GB2 would be able to work well here or not, as this area is heavy in mineralization (magnetite) and has heavy concentrations of iron oxide.  You definitely need a machine that nulls-out (or balances out) these interferences.  I have never used a GB2, so couldn't really tell you for sure if it would function well or not.