Great Crevice Overlooked by Old-timers

• Admin

Hello All,

I posted this some time ago, but was browsing pictures tonight and figured it was worth a re-post.  These nuggets were all found in one crevice that was about 3-4 foot long and about a foot wide.  No telling how much fine, flake gold I tossed out digging these nuggets, as I never dredged or drywashed the material.  The wash has ran several times since th discovery, so I'm sure what I tossed out has washed away .....

The entire weight if I remember correctly was approx. 7.5 ounces.  The larger nuggets on top of the coil are all 1-2 ounces.  This was a heavily placered wash back in the day, so I could only image some of the cracks/crevices the old-timers discovered.  

Rumors were back in the early days a nugget the size of a "pie plate" was found in the nearby area.  

Hope you enjoyed.  The Winter prospecting season is right around the corner! 

walkergoldpatch (800x600) (2).jpg

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comments.  Not sure about making it look easy, hundreds of hours searching with a few here and there to show for.  Not too many times have I made a good hit like this in a day or so, but they are out there. 

As for location, I believe I can still see the tip of Rich Hill from here on a clear day! :o

On 9/8/2016 at 6:23 PM, nuggethunting said:

Hello All,

I posted this some time ago, but was browsing pictures tonight and figured it was worth a re-post.  These nuggets were all found in one crevice that was about 3-4 foot long and about a foot wide.  No telling how much fine, flake gold I tossed out digging these nuggets, as I never dredged or drywashed the material.  The wash has ran several times since th discovery, so I'm sure what I tossed out has washed away .....

The entire weight if I remember correctly was approx. 7.5 ounces.  The larger nuggets on top of the coil are all 1-2 ounces.  This was a heavily placered wash back in the day, so I could only image some of the cracks/crevices the old-timers discovered.  

Rumors were back in the early days a nugget the size of a "pie plate" was found in the nearby area.  

Hope you enjoyed.  The Winter prospecting season is right around the corner! 

walkergoldpatch (800x600) (2).jpg

WINTER????? Skip that, I spent enough "winters" back in Canada..... I started digging holes before my travel trailer stopped rocking after backing into the RV spot. :)

Glad to be back in Arizona... Beautiful gold Rob... With a 5000 and the coil shown?

I have the open spoke version of the same coil and love it.

Jen

• Admin

Hello All,

Jen - Yep, this was awhile back and it was found with my GPX 5000 and the NF 14-inch Advantage solid coil.  I now have a 14x9 EVO on my GPX 5000, but haven't used it as of yet.  The EVO seems a bit lighter and I know is more powerful then the prior NF coil. 

Andy - You are correct, but I have been working around the clock.  I'm trying to get my mind back to the old days where I spent a lot of time exploring and opening up new country that isn't much known for gold nuggets. 

1 hour ago, nuggethunting said:

Jen - Yep, this was awhile back and it was found with my GPX 5000 and the NF 14-inch Advantage solid coil.  I now have a 14x9 EVO on my GPX 5000, but haven't used it as of yet.  The EVO seems a bit lighter and I know is more powerful then the prior NF coil. 

Hi Rob, I was thinking of selling my open spoke version of your 14" NF (the coil I used to scoop this Gold Basin nuggy) to fund the purchase of the Evo version but maybe I should just trade it in, do you take trade in's on coils, if so, how much do you give for this one towards the Evo version? (You can PM me).

I love this form factor/shape, it's a perfect for me.

Jen

• Admin

Hello All,

Jen, you will really like the EVO coils.  The Advantage series are great, but you get more performance from the new EVO's.  Unfortunately, I don't take coil trade ins as they get so much wear and tear and they are hard to re-sell.  Fell free to use the classified section to move the used coil if you wish.  When you're ready for a EVO, just give me a call and we can work something out!  Thanks for the comments on the forums, some new stuff coming soon (hopefully good).  

My1spooky - Ya, figured it might get some excitement back up for the guys like myself that haven't done much over the Summer season.  I have some great leads from a retired Geologist along with a ton of data that I never seen anywhere (most of it private from Mining companies).  A bit excited to check them out this season, but it's remote.