GPZ 7000 down loads?

• Admin

Hey Whitebutler,

My GPZ 7000 was one of the first ones in the US.  At that time we didn't have the Yellow Ground Balancing Ring, nor the new update.  I hunted for about 6 months without either and found a bunch of gold and the unit ran smooth.  I finally got a Yellow Ferrite Ring and done the update, but didn't notice any difference in performance.  Probably worth doing the update and using the Yellow Ground Balancing Ring at some point.  

I did the update and started using the ferrite ring when the update first came out ... I noticed a bit smoother threshold for the same settings I was used previously but no real perceived change in sensitivity or depth. With my hearing or lack thereof the smoother threshold has allowed me to find smaller targets that I believe I had gone over before and not heard. Do the update is my suggestion.

Mike F.

I definitely think the Z is more sensitive and runs smoother with the update.

It's not just for Aussie ground. It changes a fundamental way the ground balance updates over time.

The way the original software operates can cause a drifting of the ground balance point, and this has been linked to instability in difficult ground and a loss of gold in both difficult and quieter ground.

I'd give it a go Whitebutler, both versions of code are available for download so you can always drop back to the release revision if you think it works better in your situation.

Phil Beck a Senior Engineer at Minelab explains it in depth on a Treasure Talk page.

https://www.minelab.com/anz/go-minelabbing/treasure-talk/gpz-7000-ground-tracking-software-update

Cheers Friends

I am thinking of doing it. I would also like to know if it helps with the wet ground? It seems that the 7 gets better the dryer the soil (at least where I am). After hunting the same area three times with different moisture levels I found it's improving. It seems to love about a 5 to 6 percent moisture.