Commander 11" Mono

I was just wondering how many of you are using the Commander coils? The reason I ask is because it seems so many are jumping aboard and getting the new tech spiral or flat wound coils made by Coiltek, NUggetfinder and even Detech. Many of my older coils have gone unstable probably due to lose wires or connectors so I am left with a 20" NF and a Detech Elliptical dd coil. Been thinking for a while to get one of those new ones but being a tight wad :angry: I went on  a search for a Commander Mono ..and found a brand new in box 11" Mono  for 60 bucks :) on Ebay. Just arrived yesterday and took it out. I was surprised how quite it ran and scored a .54 gram nugget on my test run. I was amazed at the depth. on small pieces. I was picking up tiny pieces of iron and lead at depths of 6-8 inches !! Anyways....for those who may be tight wads like me.....give the Commander coils a try...you may just be surprised too..I do plan on getting a new tech coil myself......just not right now...

When I had the 5000 and other Minelab Pi's before I used the stock coils. I also used the C and NF coils...found gold with every coil I ever used. I don't think any were any better than the Commander line...probably the best coils Minelab had at that time.

I use the GPZ now and no longer concern myself with which coil is best-there is only one.

fred

• Admin

Hey AuWanderer,

The Commander series of coils are a great line from Minelab.  The are pretty much bullet proof and quiet/stable.  The new buzz is on the flat wind coils, such as the Coiltek Elite series and Nugget Finder Evolution.  These new technology coils are no question better than the standard Mono or DD's, including the Commander series.  That being said, for $60 you got a steal on that coil.  It's a $200 coil new.  

Wishing you much more success with the Commander.  

Thanks Rob....yeah I could not pass that one up....great coil. But like you said the Buzz is on the new flat wind coils...I will be ordering one in the near future. Trying to decide between the 15 NF Evo spoked or the 14" Elite,, it will be one of those. Although I do like the target response on the 12 NF Evo....sharp and loud on most targets. But the advantage of the 15" is depth...always a toss up!

Fred

• Admin

Hey AuWanderer,

Just a FYI, the new Nugget Finder 15-inch Round Evolution is not spoked, but solid.  The only spoked one right now for this new coil technology is the Coiltek 18-inch Round Elite.  

Here is the Nugget Finder 15-inch Round Evolution on our site - http://www.robsdetectors.com/nugget-finder-15-evolution-round-mono-searchcoil

Here is a list of the new coils -

Coiltek 11-inch Solid Round, 14-inch Solid Round, 17-inch Elliptical Solid & 18-inch Spoked Round 

Nugget Finder 12-inch Solid Round, 15-inch Solid Round & 17x13 Elliptical Solid

Hope this helps.

• Admin

Hey Auwanderer and all,

I have to stick my foot in my mouth, as Chris with Arizona Outback (US Distributor for NF products) just informed me he is sending me a batch of both the new Nugget Finder 14x9 Evolution Solid Elliptical and the new 15-inch Round Spoked Evolution.  Here are the pictures.  

$495.00 Shipped to you within the US

I will have them on my site later this evening or tomorrow if you're interested.  You can also call us at 623.362.1459

NF-17EVO.jpg

NF-15EVOS.JPG