Fridays hunt

I got out Friday and did pretty good. I was in a wash l have found gold before just a mile or so up stream. There are large trash targets all over the place lead nails and tin. I heard the big nugget and told my self it was trash and kept going. Then on a bench just above I started hitting the nuggets. 90% of the pictured nugs were found within a 30 foot radius. After hitting nugget after nugget I made my way back to the screamer. It was 6in down sitting on bedrock. It took awhile to actually find it with the 7k overloading anywhere even close to it. I really thought it was going to be a nail or a 45 slug but nope it was this 10+ gram beauty. All said an done I got 22 grams in a few hours. I stayed way to late looking for more in the heat but could not take it. I will be back there soon to find any I missed. It's a long wash.....IMG_20160627_150717483.jpgall cleaned up.

Holy Cow(killer) 

Thats some nice gold :)
Thinking that specie would make a nice pendant!
WTG.....hope you get more.
Tom H.

• Admin

Hey Cowkiller,

What an amazing find!  Just goes to show it's still out there.   Just one small spot like you mentioned can be hiding many ounces of gold.  Most of the gold seems fairly water worn, but with the specimen in there I would assume there is a hidden patch where the gold might of been originally coming from.  

Will be interesting to hear more on this discover as you re-investigate the area.  

Is your Brother swinging a GPZ 7000 yet? 

I agree with aj on the versatility. It would be great if there was a small Joey sized coil. It is very difficult to hit smaller washes and cracks in the bed rock. It Is crazy tho aj can follow me and find gold i missed and couldn't hear or get close enough to. And I him. They haven't made the perfect machine yet but I would pay big bucks for a small coil.... especially for this area.

And yes Rob this gold is well worn but most from this area is. The 6 nugs on the left are the biggest I have found in the area the smallest being .75 grams. Most of what I have found in this wash and others close by are under  .5 g with the majority being around .1 our so. Hillsides are going to be hit soon hopefully this wasn't a fluke but past experience says I just had a lucky day...

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I agree on the versatility and better ergonomics for the GPX series.  Since I went back to the GPX 5000 for a short time, I have felt the unit is much easier on the body and you do have more options of coils, accessories and such with it over the GPZ for now.  

Congrats once again on the great hit! 

• Admin

Hey Cowkiller,

I would only guess that any new GPZ that comes out in the future will have the same platform as the GPZ7000.  I think it would be too expensive to change the unit.  Look how long they ran the platform on the SD,GP and GPX series, all the same control box and look.  

I personally think the SD,GP or GPX series have a better feel for me over the GPZ.  I love the GPZ and no questions I will have one when it cools off again.