• Admin

Hello All,

Seen this on Minelab's Facebook page earlier today.  Don't know the details, beyond it was found with a GPZ 7000 and sounds like a a recent find.  This is what the article said - 

An enormous 16.1 Kg gold nugget was found with a Minelab GPZ 7000 earlier this month! A find of this size is worth at least USD 650,000 at today’s gold price.

huge nugget.jpg

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Makes you really wonder if you were finding gold and some trash in a gold bearing area or patch, but then heard a signal from a huge nugget shown in this post, would you actually dig it?  It would be a massive sized targets, probably several feet across with a Minelab PI.  :wacko:

Many years ago I was working a very well known nugget patch and finding some decent nuggets.  Majority of them under a 1/4 ounce, but every so often someone would hit a 1+ ouncer in the area.  I still remember hitting a target that was a "boomer" just about every day I was in that patch area.  After hitting this targets so many times, probably months worth of nuggetshooting, I finally dug it up.  It ended up being a 2.2 ounce sold gold nugget at only about 4 inches deep.  All those times hitting it prior, I was convinced it was iron rubbish.  

Now image a huge targets like in this post in this same area?  

18 hours ago, Cowkiller said:

Rob I hit a screamer this weekend and walked pass it as there was screaming trash all over then found on the bench it was next to several drinks. I went back to the screamer and it was a nice nugget.

Why would you even do this without pictures????:angry:

Tom H. 

• Admin

Hey Cowkiller,

Thanks.  I'm trying to get the upload limit for each member bumped up a bit.  For now, you might have to remove some of your older attachments/images from your personal control panel when you are logged into the forums.  

For anymore that can't find it, it's in the top right hand corner, just click on your username, then a drop down menu will appear, then click "My Attachments."  You can delete some of your oldest pictures to make more room for new stuff.