GPZ 19 in coil?

Maybe Minelab is making sure the coil is fully field tested before they place the manufacturing order to fill the 1000's of orders they will receive. Not sure what the delay is, but I'm pretty sure its related to changes in the original design that are delaying the release. Either way, the final product will be high quality with better performance than the stock coil. I am a big fan of Minelab products and the quality and pride they take in delivering the best possible product technology can provide. If that costs a little more then so be it. I'm in all the way. Just hurry up you guys, I'm chopping at the bit waiting. 

• Admin

Hello All,

I think we all are anxiously waiting for the 19-inch coil to arrive here in the US for the GPZ 7000.  That being said, I could see it being released when it starts getting cooler here in the Southwest.  I have no interests in one now, but I'm sure others would love to have them.  

On June 25, 2016 at 3:54 PM, nuggethunting said:

Hello All,

I think we all are anxiously waiting for the 19-inch coil to arrive here in the US for the GPZ 7000.  That being said, I could see it being released when it starts getting cooler here in the Southwest.  I have no interests in one now, but I'm sure others would love to have them.  

Are you still trying to replace your GPZ, and if/when you get one would you be interested in the coil then? Or other reasons?

• Admin

Hey Tortuga,

As you might remember, about 3-4 months ago there was a huge demand for the GPZ's as gold was being found in Mauritania, Africa.  Like all dealers, customers were calling like crazy to get handfuls of these units to ship overseas.  I was down to just my used unit and a customer just had to have it for the right price.  I ended up selling it and settled in on a used GPX 5000 I took in for trade around the same time frame.  

No question, when I get a GPZ back in my hands, I will probably want the new coil.  I'm sure by the time it starts cooling off again here in Arizona (mid Oct.) the coil will be available and I will be detecting with a GPZ 7000 once again.  

I've been doing fair the the GPX 5000 and Elite coil on shallower ground conditions.  Most of the ground is exposed bedrock to 12-inch of soil.  I know what I'm using now will handle this ground and gold just fine.  

P.S.  The chart that was posted on the GPZ 19-inch coil vs. the 14x13 is impressive.  Now it's just a matter of finding the deeper ground that contains enough gold nuggets to justify a $1000+ searchcoil (just my educated guess).