Learning my GPX 5000

Although no gold, I really enjoyed playing with my new GPX 5000 for a couple of hours. Not belonging to a club yet, I went to Lynx Creek just to get familiar with it in hot ground. Tried the Double D 11" coil to play with the discrimination feature. Set it at 3 and then 5 and still got a few rusty iron pieces but not many (Lynx creek is a very trashy area). I feel the discrimination worked really well for a PI. Had a great time, I am addicted to this machine and cant wait to join a club to go out in a more remote area. Here are a couple of photos of what I found. Many were just whispers when I began so I am sure the detector is working perfect just need to get it over some gold!

GPX 5000 2.JPG

GPX 5000 3.JPG

GPX 5000.JPG

• Admin

Hey Jrod1101,

Hard to beat a Minelab GPX 5000.  Some believe with the right coil they outperform a GPZ 7000.  You know how those debates can go!  

Lynx Creek is a very trashy area, as there is rubbish from the original miners all the way up to modern day trash.  I have seen a few beauties that were detected in the Lynx Creek area, so they are there.  

Consider the Roadrunner's Prospecting Club if you join a club here in Arizona.  They have the most claims and some pretty decent ones for metal detecting for gold nuggets.  

Thanks for posting here.  

Rob, 

I will be going with Roadrunner's Prospecting Club, I have heard good things about them and once I reach the full amount it is only a mantenance fee which is cheaper than most clubs annual fees. Win Win if you ask me! 

Thanks, 

Jimmy

• Admin

Hey Jimmy,

That is correct.  I think it's so much down (a few hundreds) to get started in the club.  From there you can pay once a year or monthly (like $10).  I did this for many years and finally just paid the membership off in full and now a Lifetime member of the Roadrunner's.  

I think it's worth every penny as it's a great club with great claims.  

P.S.  Toss my name in the hat for the referral and I will get a nugget.  Heck, I will send it to you so you will have a test nugget! :D