settings sdc2300

what are your favourite settings on your 2300 I usually run on sensitivity 3 threshold 4 . I use an amp and shoulder speakers. Yesterday tried sensitivity 5 threshold 3 I had to turn down amp but found some tiny gold down to 0.01grm on surface. I regularly noise cancel and ground balance. I picked up a 1.0 grm nugget at 9 inches in very mineralised soil. I was pleased. But wondering whether I could have done better on other settings. ?

It's a pretty basic (but awesome) machine. I miss mine all the time. I used headphones with mine. I'd have the threshold on two I believe (two lights on) so it would be just a faint buzz. The sensitivity was typically always on the green notch. If I was in mild ground or granite bedrock I might move it up one more setting.

It was never quite loud enough for me so I tried a booster with my headphones but experienced a lot of feedback, which is common if you aren't using external speakers.

• Admin

Hey Neilo,

On my Minelab SDC 2300, 99% of the time I was using Sensitivity setting 3.  I rarely ever used 4 or 5, as I found nuggets down to a grain in size in 3.  My threshold was just one or two lights, which was a very light threshold.  However, when you went over a small nugget or target it would really sound off.  

Higher sensitivity seems to make the unit noisier in most areas, but does find even smaller pieces when turned up more. The threshold seems to be more like a volume then threshold. Try different settings to get a fairly stable operation for a better detecting experience. Dennis