Day and a half out

Went out solo thur. and fri. Met up with some friends and did a lot of detecting. It was toasty during the mid day but cool at night and jackets in the morning.

Saw some really cool places, found a dead Hawk, piece of indian something....a old 50 cal. military bullet, and a lot of other small junk. 

No yellow stuff though. But, if it was there I would have found it with the amount of small/birdshot stuff I found.

Great time out with friends and a campfire :)
Tom H. 

junk.jpg

I've seen lots of "pieces of Indian somethings" over the years and they're always interesting to me. If they've got any amount of knapping on them they're man-made. That red, opaque stone (jasper?) seems to have been a popular medium for them to use in Arizona. Sometimes I think they got halfway through a dart or arrowhead and it broke, or they were trying to rework a broken piece that they shot, missed the target and it broke when it hit the ground. Lots of half finished and oddly shaped little knapped pieces of rock out there in the desert. Considering the amount of work it took to make a nice arrowhead its curious to me that'd they'd just leave them sitting around on the ground ;) Those guys could probably crank out a half dozen of those in the old days so losing one probably wasn't that big a deal. 

• Admin

Hey Tom,

Like I tell many, it's a process of elimination.  You now know where not to hunt on your next trip out.  Its one of those things, if you didn't hunt it, you might always be thinking about it.  

Wishing you better luck on the next trip out.  

1 hour ago, nuggethunting said:

Hey Tom,

Like I tell many, it's a process of elimination.  You now know where not to hunt on your next trip out.  Its one of those things, if you didn't hunt it, you might always be thinking about it.  

Wishing you better luck on the next trip out.  

Its all good, As long as some old trash turns up that I know no one else has gotten over..............its good :)

Heck, just finding a fallen hawk, and a really old horse shoe is pretty cool.
Tom H.