Hey all:
 Went out today with dad and hit some hill sides and small tribs. After not finding anything but trash we went to Idler arm hill (broke my idler arm trying to go up it last time)....went up and got to Burro wash.

I went one way and dad went the other. After about a half hour, I hear the air horn in the truck blowing .  Hmmm...must be good! 

Get back to the truck and dad found one in his wash. He was detecting, turned around and as he was turning the GBPro sounds off. Dad scans the ground and sees this 1.3 gram sunbaker! WhooHoo!!! We detected a lot of it after that. I had to put the PI away due to lightning noise and EMI from power lines. Finished off with the GB2. I just cleaned the desert up today....but dad scored!

Good Lord blessed us with some nice gold and we escaped the desert just as the rains came....and I mean it DUMPED!

Tom H.

SAM_1296.JPG

Great gold guys!

After hearing about idler arm hill I was waiting for burro wash story..lol

Always enjoy reading about your father son adventure, so cool your dad enjoys your hobby, or visa versa!!

Many more to come I am sure, you guys have a knack for the gold.

1 hour ago, Gravelwasher said:

Great gold guys!

After hearing about idler arm hill I was waiting for burro wash story..lol

Always enjoy reading about your father son adventure, so cool your dad enjoys your hobby, or visa versa!!

Many more to come I am sure, you guys have a knack for the gold.

Welp...you got to come up with a name for a wash so you remember it. Usually just something that happened or you found.

After dad blew off the air horn I took my headset off to make sure I was hearing something....all I heard was a bunch of jackasses braying back! :)
Really sounded funny................so it was called burro wash  I know a JA and a burro aint the same but what the heck.

Tom H.