Little one from last week

Dug this little one in a pounded patch last week with my GPZ 7000. Weight is 2.8 grams.

Tried to really think outside the box in this area and bushwhack under some thorn bushes and trees that might have scared some other guys off.

This nugget was only about 2" down covered in some very loose dirt. It wasn't buried down in the clay and it was a loud, screaming target.

I've got a new appreciation for trash after last weekend. When I start finding it, well, that's just more targets other guys missed or ignored that might be gold.

This nugget has a slightly brassy appearance with maybe a little dusting of manganese on it I could see under the loupe. Was expecting it to be a more buttery yellow like the rest of the gold in this area.

IMG_3776.jpg

Thanks guys. I work outside and I'm out in the desert sometimes 6 days a week (7th day I'm on the couch) and even I had to grab some shade that day and put some water on my head and chest. It was a lot of work beating all that brush and I was getting a little overheated.

It kind of snowballed because two days prior at work I pushed a few miles in the desert running around doing what I do then the day before I'd been hunting for nuggets. Gotta watch the heat out there, but I'm already planning my next trip to the area to check some more spots. 

I've got a new appreciation for trash after last weekend. When I start finding it, well, that's just more targets other guys missed or ignored that might be gold.

You got it! :) Whenever I find trash its a good sign...kind of :)
Really nice nugget! 

Congrats!
Tom H.

Hey c'mon now! Well atleast you got me on some good ground. I wanna spread out from there and prospect a little more open ground nearby. Google Earth has given me some ideas. I plan on making one more quick trip up there in a week or two before it gets too hot. 

I haven't been having any luck in my usual area down south. I've been exploring some new washes and stuff but haven't found squat. Guess I'll have to go back to the old spots and keep poking around them to try and get some I missed. 

• 2 weeks later...