Gold Rush in Mauritania, Africa

• Admin

Hello All,

As many might know right now there is another mini gold rush going on in Mauritania, Africa.  This has caused a Worldwide search for Minelab GPX4500's, GPX 5000's and GPZ 7000's.  Since most of all the Minelab PI's are not available right now, the next best think is the Garrett ATX.  Garrett is pretty much out of the ATX now due to  this rush, so now they are searching for some of the top of the line PI's.  

If you had a couple hundred GPX units you could make a fortune right now.  The customer's have huge amounts of cash, but there is no product to be sold .....

No ETA on Minelab metal detectors at this time.  Local customers will not have much of a chance to purchase during these times, luckily it's somewhat out of our normal season as it's getting a bit warm here in the Southwest.  

I personally have 2-3 local customers searching for units to be used here in the US on our ground.  They can't even get a detector right now due to this rush.  

Some great reports of nuggets well over a Kilo in size being found right now in Mauritania.  A few guys searching for detectors over there have pictures, just waiting for them to arrive.  

A rush like this, but much larger started around 5 years ago in Sudan and surrounding regions.  Makes you wonder if this rush will get larger over time.  

I will not take funds in advance if I have no solid ETA on a detector's arrival date.  Unlike others, some dealers are holding customers funds and not offering refunds when they have no ETA on detectors.  We have pulled the GPX series and GPZ series from our Ebay store and Online store so you can't order without contacting us first to verify inventory or date of arrival.  

Hope you understand our position on this.  

Afrigold.jpg

Minelab better step it up and start cracking out more units! Hopefully the quality won't slip and they start farming out to lesser skilled Malaysian manufacturers or finding even cheaper countries like India to produce their detectors like I've seen some brands do. I worked in product development for awhile (footwear industry) and I've seen it happen before.

I've always been impressed with the fit, finish and attention to detail on all the Minelab detectors I've purchased so I'm not too worried about it.

• Admin

Hey Dakota Slim,

Yep, many of them don't have them in stock.  I pulled my Ebay ads just for the fact I didn't have the product in stock. Majority of the ads don't have the inventory, but they will hold the funds until the customer request a refund for not having the stock or the units arrive.  

Would be nice if each dealer had 50-100 units in stock right now.  We all could make a few bucks.  

6 hours ago, nuggethunting said:

Hey Dakota Slim,

Yep, many of them don't have them in stock.  I pulled my Ebay ads just for the fact I didn't have the product in stock. Majority of the ads don't have the inventory, but they will hold the funds until the customer request a refund for not having the stock or the units arrive.  

Would be nice if each dealer had 50-100 units in stock right now.  We all could make a few bucks.  

Good for you Rob. People who advertise products they can't deliver get hammered with bad feedback. 

• Admin

Hey Matt,

A couple of these customers that can't find new GPX 4500's or GPX 5000's have mentioned they have purchased used units in the range of 2-3K.  They are mostly interested in new, but listing your GPX 5000 might surprise you.  When the demand is high and the supply is low (like now), some might even be willing to purchase for a higher price.  

Hope all is well on your end. 

It seems like central and western Africa are really the last frontier for gold mining. It pretty neat to think that there are still undiscovered gold areas that have never even been detected before. Places like Mali, Burkina Faso, Mauritania still have some serious gold left to find. I don't think I'm adventurous enough to going after it myself though. :o

Here's some more about Mauritania gold:

http://raregoldnuggets.com/blog/?p=2166

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Here are some updates from a few customers that have boots on the ground right now.   A lot of gold being found, but mostly by poor natives using detectors from $400 units to GPZ 7000's.  Some groups are investors getting large amounts of native to prospect for them, others are groups of families going in on one detector in hopes they find some gold to split among them.  Some of the mining permits are over $1000 to swing a detector now set up from the Government. 

Basically the reason for the cheaper PI's, like the GPX 4500.  You can purchase a GPX 4500 now for $2699, but once it arrives over there, you have to get the mining permits that cost up to $1000 and can be used for 5 detectors.  Just a way the Government can collect funds now on people detecting.  One of my friends said you don't want to get caught without the permit! 

All sounds great when there are Kilo sized pieces and bigger being discovered, but like anywhere the "beans and bacon" of the gold for most of the prospectors is smaller, Gram sized gold nuggets.  

The regions is surrounded by ISIS, from what a friend said.  You can be in the wrong place at the wrong time, being the wrong nationality and killed on site.  Not sure I would want to risk the fact you always have to be watching out and worried about some kind of campaign breaking out in the region you're at.  

Here is a picture from a friend to give you an idea of what is being found.  

Africangoldrush.jpg