Nevada vs Arizona... forever home...

Hi guys n goyles.... whilst not directly detector related.... I'm in a conundrum..... I'm in the process of moving back to Amereeeeeeekka and was pretty much settled on back to my favorite full auto state of AZ but an opportunity has come up in Nevada and I know nothing about detecting or living there...

Any of you live there (I know Doc does) and other than AZ being a full auto state (don't think NV is), not having any income tax and NV having legal prostitution (no that's not the opportunty I was given..hahahah, although......hmmmm, I was thinking of opening a brothell but I'd probably screw away all the profits)... but I digress...

What are my friends thoughts on living/working in Southern Nevada as opposed to the Phoenix area..... I value all your opinions...... greatly..

Any good detecting in NV or is it all drive to the basin?

PS: Just learned, NV is a Class III state, AND they have reciprocity with Arizona ccw owners... yay. http://gsd.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/gsdnvgov/content/Resources/Revised%20fixing%20wording%203-22-16.pdf

Keep swingin boys...

Jen

Hi Jen, I am in Vegas. There is always the Johnnie district near Pahrump (close to the brothels lol) I have found most of my nuggets there. Vegas is also relatively central to many great areas. Central AZ, and Northern NV, as well as California. Full Auto state? Firearms? It is possible to get permit but process is extensive. I also feel there may be some other areas in NV near Vegas to check out that may produce gold.

Chris

2 hours ago, bsumbdy said:

There is always the Johnnie district near Pahrump (close to the brothels lol) I have found most of my nuggets there.

.... and that's where my fellow ham Art Bell lives as well. :o)

Thanks Chris.

Jen

Jenifer, you are incorrigible...But, what is the difference between one miserable big city or another? 

Phoenix is close to many gold fields...Lost wages is close to Gold Basin...it is along drive north and a hard drive west to the Sierra Nevadas....

a brothel would be like having a toy store...You,as owner would have to play with all the goods, first!

fred

5 hours ago, fredm said:

Jenifer, you are incorrigible...

fred

Thanks for the info Fred (and closer to Rye Patch as well).... great points. :o)

Jen

-------------
in·cor·ri·gi·ble
inˈkôrəjəb(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: incorrigible
  1. 1.
    (of a person or their tendencies) not able to be corrected, improved, or reformed.
    "she's an incorrigible flirt"
    synonyms: inveterate, habitual, confirmed, hardened, dyed-in-the-wool, incurable, chronic, irredeemable, hopeless, beyond hope; More
    antonyms: repentant
noun
noun: incorrigible; plural noun: incorrigibles
  1. 1.
    an incorrigible person.

Personally if I could move to Nevada (wife doesn't like the desert)  I would choose Fernley, its situated close enough to Sparks and big city stuff, yet its close to the gold fields above Lovelock, weather wintertime is a bit better in Fernley than Lovelock to Winemucca, brrrrr. -10 below sometime winters.

Hi,Jen,

I have lived in Stagecoach NV for almost two years. It's about 25 miles from Carson City, so I have all the conveniences

of a big city but don' t live in one. Lots of opportunities to detect around here , Mt Siegle in the Pine Nut Mtns. 

less than 2 hours from Rye Patch, less than that to Olinghouse , and in an hour you are at Donner Pass overlooking 

the vast Mother Lode area. Dayton NV the first place gold was found in NV is only 10 miles down the road.

Virginia City is not much farther, lots of history there. If you need a Brothel there are 3 in Moundhouse.

My main interests are amateur radio KE6ZIQ , I am net control for the West Coast Military radio Net which meets

on 3996 usb every Wed nite at 8pm PDST no mil radio required to check in. And of course metal detecting for gold.

Check out the Dayton ,Stagecoach , area it might fit your needs. 

73's

Jim Beeler KE6ZIQ                           

1 hour ago, Halftrack-m-3 said:

Hi,Jen,

I have lived in Stagecoach NV for almost two years. It's about 25 miles from Carson City, so I have all the conveniences

of a big city but don' t live in one. Lots of opportunities to detect around here , Mt Siegle in the Pine Nut Mtns. 

less than 2 hours from Rye Patch, less than that to Olinghouse , and in an hour you are at Donner Pass overlooking 

the vast Mother Lode area. Dayton NV the first place gold was found in NV is only 10 miles down the road.

Virginia City is not much farther, lots of history there. If you need a Brothel there are 3 in Moundhouse.

My main interests are amateur radio KE6ZIQ , I am net control for the West Coast Military radio Net which meets

on 3996 usb every Wed nite at 8pm PDST no mil radio required to check in. And of course metal detecting for gold.

Check out the Dayton ,Stagecoach , area it might fit your needs. 

73's

Jim Beeler KE6ZIQ                           

Jim, how have you done in the Pine nut Mtns? Going to go up and visit my Dad in Minden. Have been thinking about detecting up there.

thanks Chris