Interesting Product for Pocket Rocket or Doc's Goldscreamer Users

• Admin

Hello All,

A friend and customer of mine emailed me about this product he picked up from Ebay for like $7.00.  He said it was a life-saver.  You can read his comment below, but for a backup for your li-ion battery system, this might be the ticket.  For the price, you could just toss it in your bag as backup and if something happened you would have it and load up 6 AA batteries.  

About a month ago, I decided to turn on my Minelab 4000 to see if the thing still worked only to find my rechargeable batteries had died.  But, I found this little thing and it works well (see link below).  I took about 2 weeks to get to me, I loaded up batteries and the detector fired up and hummed right along.  I am going to try rechargeable batteries next.  I thought you might find it interesting.  The price is certainly right!

Here is the Ebay link to the product.  Would like to hear some feedback if anyone else has used this product or something similar.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231734169911?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

li-ion case.jpg

Very interesting. I do have 4 batteries for mine, but this would be ideal for areas where you have no charging ability. A bit leary to buy anything from China is my only issue, may have to search for an American distributor.

• 3 weeks later...

I love the idea.  Only problem I would worry about is the voltage.  The Gold Screamer for The GP's and down, there would be no problem as they have a regulator that knocks the voltage down to a safe level for the machines.  However the GPX4000 and up use a 7.4 volt batteries that charges up to 8.2 volts.  And those machines are rated for 8 volts.  However, a AA alkaline is 1.58 volts X 6 =   9.48 volts.  Don't know if that is too much for the machine or not.

If not, it might be something I would consider including with the Gold Screamer Power Pack System.

Doc

• Admin

Hey Doc,

Finally got some more updates from a few guys that are using them.  Once guy said he kept getting the "Overvoltage" to the coil on his GPX unit.  You might be correct, slightly too much voltage could cause this message to pop up and you won't be able to detect.  The other guy has a GPX, but he don't have issues.  Not sure, but I think from what I heard, it might be safe to stay away from this product with a GPX for now.  

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?