Wanted Doc's Gold Screamer Power Pack

• 2 weeks later...

Mike - I've been wondering about this. I have a GPX 5000.  Do  you think the gold screamer will give better depth without picking up the added EMI?  Just curious if anyone has done testing where they've buried the gold and tested the difference.  I imagined the gold screamer as just another Target Volume adjustment.   Maybe my thinking has been wrong.

• Admin

Hey Andy,

I don't advertise the unit as giving better performance, but more of the convenience issue.  You can be wireless if you Doc's Slimline external speaker, so everything is mounted to the side of the metal detector, no power cords, headphone cord or harness involved anymore.  I sell hundreds of these units, so in my opinion the fact you can lay the detector down and get away from it is worth it.  

That being said, the system does have a built in Doc's Goldscreamer Signal Enhancer, so this will lighten up the faint, whisper targets that might be deeper nuggets!  

Two systems available, the SD/GP system, 4 pin for $469.00 or the GPX, 5 pin system for $469.00.  Both are complete kits, if you want the added Slimline speaker its' $499.00 for the kit.  

Hope this helps a bit,

Rob Allison
www.robsdetectors.com 

Rob is correct in saying that the big advantage of the Screamer is being able to lay the detector down and get away from it. If the Minelab doesn't give a signal, there is nothing to amplify. The downside, in my opinion, is the added weight to the detector. I used a GP Extreme for many years without a screamer package and was very comfortable with it, I recently bought a used GPX5000 that came with a screamer package. I quit using the screamer after using it once because of the extra weight and I used the standard battery setup with my headphones. Most of my detecting these days is in NV and I dig very few targets compared to other areas so the added weight is more of a problem than getting away from the detector. As Frank C told me, "The Screamer Package takes some getting used to" if you have been using the standard Minelab setup.

Having said all this, I sold my Screamer package to julianmines and he sent it back because the cover shows signs of use. He said he couldn't test it because his machine had been sent to Minelab. He also noted that there was what appeared to be a cigarette burn on the amplifier itself, by the control knob. I never noticed a burn on the amplifier (Doc's Serial Number R60443) but I never even took a close look at it until I got it back. This package is in good used condition and works perfectly. I have pictures of both the cover and the amplifier and this Screamer Package. It is for sale, complete with 2 batteries, both the AC & DC chargers, the amplifier, cover & speaker for $300 OBO. It can be picked up in Fort Mohave. Shipping, if required would be an additional $20. Please send me a PM me if interested. 

MVC-442F.JPG.8bf03e6d8b7b8583b24a0886ea2

MVC-445F.JPG.efc9d14abbbfe28d1bbf71d4999MVC-446F.JPG.3ce61d024af8cfd19cc54584126