The growling GPX 5K

Just throwing this out there to see if any of you fellers have any thoughts on this. When I turn my GPX 5k on goes through low to high tone then something else occurs; it starts to give off this

annoying long sound for about 20 seconds and then goes away. I call it a growl but its more of a loud alarm, builds up and then just goes away. Then off to digg'n I go. Happens all the time no matter where I'm at. I have a Sadie coil on and am going to try it with another coil to see if I get the same result when I get a chance. Just seeing if anyone had any thoughts. It seems internal, and not from interference cause it happens anywhere. Went through all the settings and that voodoo, nothing different then what I've done before.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know I am responding to this late but I would not be alarmed. I have been using a 5000 from the beginning and every time I turn my machine on it does the same thing. It doesn't matter what coil I put on it is the same. I wouldn't say it happens for twenty seconds but eight to ten for sure. Sending it back to Minelab has not crossed my mind and I wouldn't want anyone jacking with it.

AJ