Well.... ummm tell us again why you're selling your 7000 JasonG?

Better hide your golds in the meantime while I'm still armed with it.

Bloody hell... that's the truth... mind you a monster that size you probably could have used your Realistic/Micronta/Harbor Fright detector. :)

Well if it's any consolation to me, at least I know I have a slight chance with you out there ahead of me... (at least if your pick is bringing you any luck)... we use the same one... I love mine..... BUNK PICKS RULE... that ones' been to Aus several times..

post-28230-0-52044800-1452472822_thumb.j

Jennifer

Haha nice yeah Hermit Picks are the best. Are they being built with magnet slots in them now, it looks like it in your pic? I welded one onto mine but it wasn't tall enough to hold the magnet when I really knock it around.

This summer since I will now have a garage to build a workshop in I'm going to design my own pick based on the Hermit and Supersede pick designs.

Bunk sent me that one back when I had a prospecting forum up in BC, Canada, to review.. several years ago now.... I LOVE IT!!!! Everyone who sees it loves it and gets a great review on it from me... it's as close to an excavator you can use without needing a permit..hahaha

He siliconed the magnet on in that spot, it has come off once, but I just need to redo the silicone... it wasn't it's fault.. it was a "HOW THE HELL DID A DOZER CHIP THAT BIG GET THAT DEEP" tossing moment that took it off.. :)

Jen

The Hermit is pretty close to perfect, the only thing where I want to make improvements is the sides since if you belt mount it and fall they slice you open, and then to put a beefy magnet holder on the top for a 1x1 square rare earth. Also the scoop needs to be 2x thicker, I'll show you a pic of my scoop sometime, it looks like frankenstein re-welded together 4 or 5 different times.

Muriatic is Hydrochloric Acid, I mentioned something at the end of the video about tossing it in some Hydrochloric to take that black coating off though I mumble a lot.

Reason I use CLR is it isn't strong enough to damage any of the oxide coatings if its only soaking for 20 minutes or an hour or so. I sell all the nuggets I find so I try to keep them as close to "au-naturel" as possible and whoever buys them can process them more if they want.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Hermit pick was originated by Joeforthegold an ex-marine who used to post every once in a while here

and on Bill's forum. I actually have one of his prototypes that he gave me.

The only thing I have found that I would change is perhaps making one out of a heavier metal for harder ground.

But for the desert it is perfect.

I know Bunk for sure makes good ones too, but credit where credit is due.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 5:50 PM, jasong said:

Haha nice yeah Hermit Picks are the best. Are they being built with magnet slots in them now, it looks like it in your pic? I welded one onto mine but it wasn't tall enough to hold the magnet when I really knock it around.

This summer since I will now have a garage to build a workshop in I'm going to design my own pick based on the Hermit and Supersede pick designs.

Update: Yes, he puts a little weld well for a magnet, mine popped off a couple times from the banging at the ground. I epoxied it back into the well but it still came loose... for now I just keep an eye on it and pop it back in when it pops out... may have to bore a hole through the magnet and pick and put a bolt through the both of them..haha.... Actually, I may try JB Weld next time, instead of the epoxy I used, and completely cover the magnet with the JB encasing it.

• 1 year later...