Best Knee Pads Ever !

I have bad knees and I wear knee pads. The problem is, most have rubber straps, that keep them up, but cut into your legs. I found a pair that I really like they have a neoprene strap that closes with Velcro. They are really comfortable but because they only have one strap they won't stay up on your knee.

Well I found these knee pads on Amazon, they are two straps that are neoprene with Velcro closures, stay up on your knee perfectly and are extremely comfortable. They are only $24.99. I bought two pair. They feel great. Out of 10 reviews they were all 5 stars.

Fantastic product at a really reasonable price.

http://galatiagear.com/products/knee-pads/

GGKP2.png

Doc

Heck....I thought snake gators were used to keep knee pads up? :)
Tks for the info Doc.

Tom H.

Thanks for the lead Doc, a girl can never have too many knee pads. :)

Jennifer

Once again you leave me totally speechless. I have met very few people that can do that to me, but on several occasions you have said something to me, I open my mouth to respond, think twice, and decide not to put my foot in there. (You still have that cop's sense of humor.) :wacko: You are such a turd! :P

Doc

I wear gaiters, but the old knee pads with one strap that I find comfortable just keep sliding down. In fact on those last pictures I posted from December 31 you will see one of me standing and detecting and the knee pad on my right knee has slipped down. Drives me crazy. I have knee pads on, I kneel down and I still end up with unprotected knees on a cactus.

Doc

Once again you leave me totally speechless.

Doc

Well... I was going to simply reply to him "It's my pleasure deathray" but I was good ... I kept my mouth shut... D'OH!!!! There I go again..... If we don't have a sense of (safe non hurtful) humor, we don't have much in life Doc, you and I both know that more than most..... :)

I still end up with unprotected knees on a cactus.

Doc

Isn't it a felony to harm a cactus in Arizona? :P

Googling, Googling, Googling... UH HUH!!!!!!! I NOOOOOD IT!!!

You CRIM!!!

http://cronkitezine.asu.edu/spring2010/arizonalaws/nativeplants.html

Dang jack boot/knee pad thug ex-cops thiinking they're above the law, alway going around putting the boot to the little guy and the knee to little cacti.... :)

Obviously I don't intentionally kneel on cactus. But I always manage to find a few dislodged spikes and they can never just stick you and get it over with. They have to stick you, then get lodged in your jeans, and continue to poke you throughout the day.

I'm old and I am easily distracted. I don't want to be distracted, I just want to detect and be left alone.

It's like the perfect hobby. 1. It doesn't involve my wife. 2. I'm by myself. 3. I don't have to answer any questions. 4. I can poop when and where I want. 5. I can walk as slow or as fast as I want, and never have to go anywhere in particular or be on time. 6. I can talk to myself all I want, AND I DO! 7. I can play in the dirt. 8. I can throw rocks. 9. I can cuss as much as I want. 10. And if I fart in the desert, and my wife isn't there, it doesn't smell.

Doc

Yep, that is why being retired is the best! No listening to your boss or anyone's bs. Or anyone telling you what to do. Retired life is like always being on vacation. Every day is the same but can be different as you choose.

Oops almost forgot (senior moment) I just use my ex-wife's knee pads. She stopped using them ever since she went pro. :) Now these knee pads are used in a different way.

Jimmy

It's like the perfect hobby. 1. It doesn't involve my wife. 2. I'm by myself. 3. I don't have to answer any questions. 4. I can poop when and where I want. 5. I can walk as slow or as fast as I want, and never have to go anywhere in particular or be on time. 6. I can talk to myself all I want, AND I DO! 7. I can play in the dirt. 8. I can throw rocks. 9. I can cuss as much as I want. 10. And if I fart in the desert, and my wife isn't there, it doesn't smell.

Doc

post-28230-0-30275600-1452539582_thumb.j

Fred..... more what we like to call "not brainwashed by political correctness", than "rough n rowdy" :)

HUGE virtual hugs to you Fred, ((((((((((Fred))))))))), I recently lost my mining partner who while not human was more important to me than any human ever was nor ever will be... so I feel your pain.

post-28230-0-87646300-1452544373_thumb.j

post-28230-0-93244500-1452544386_thumb.j

post-28230-0-82033600-1452544404_thumb.j

post-28230-0-64130600-1452544411_thumb.j

post-28230-0-55520600-1452544891_thumb.j

post-28230-0-28738400-1452544919_thumb.j

post-28230-0-73436500-1452544941_thumb.j

Fred... I am with you. I lost my Dad in 1990. He was a very loving and funny guy. We got along great and I miss him every day. Funny how sometimes I will be in a crowd and I will catch a fleeting glimpse of the back of someone's head that looks like my dad, and I have to stop myself from yelling out, "Dad! Wait up."

Having a loving father is one of the true gifts that God gives us in this life. I am sure that like me, you would give anything to have him back for just one day. It's not like we didn't tell each other how we felt, or that we weren't affectionate, because we always hugged each other. So it isn't like there was anything left unsaid when he passed away. I just wish he was here so I could give him one more hug and tell him how much I love him, and how much his love made me the man I am.

Jen; nothing worse than losing your dog. My K9 Eiko, was the best companion a cop could ever have. He was a German import, he had a Schutzhund III training degree, and was the smartest dog I have ever owned. We had deadlock bolts that took a key on both sides when we lived in the country. For convenience we would leave the key in the lock on the inside. That dog would get up on the door and unlock that door by turning the key with his mouth. Then he would turn the door handle and let himself out. Of course the door handle wasn't round anymore because he had squished it.

I cry every time I think of him. This is a big write up they did on him in 1976 when I was still a cop. Yes that is me upper right hand corner guy on the left. I was helping train another guys female shepherd. I actually had a lot of hair at one point in my life. I totally revamped the K9 unit of our police department. I brought in all German imported and trained dogs and went to Germany to become a certified trainer.

0_0_4249_6751.jpg?cs=604800

Doc

• 3 weeks later...

As a veterinarian I've always wondered why a parrot can live to 70 years but a dog's life expectancy is 10-15 years. My only explanation is that it's gods curse on man. Sort of like a punishment that we deserve for all the bad things that Man does as a race. Dogs are truly "Mans Best Friend" Some of the hardest things I've had to do is put down dogs, Police dogs, little old ladies dogs, and truckers who take their dogs with them all over the USA are the hardest.

I had hunting dogs as a kid and when I started college I gave them away to people that would would be able to take them out and let them do what they loved to do. At the time I thought It was the right thing to do for them, It hurt me so much to say good bye that I waited 30 years before I got another dog. My new little pal is with me 24/7 he goes to work with me every day, he goes out looking for nuggets/coins and jewelry with me. It's scary to think about what life would be like without him.

Thanks for sharing your stories and photos of your "Best Friends" They deserve all the attention and love we can give them.

strick

It does make a grown man cry to lose a faithful dog. I am 76 years old and still tear up when I think of my first dog. My parents gave me a "mutt" when I was 6, he followed me everywhere for 11 years, back before leash laws and picking up your dog poop was the norm. Stepping in dog poop was just one of the hazards of life. Back then kids were allowed to run free too. What blast we had.

Jen,

What a beautiful Malinois!!!!! I have great memories of Taz the best dog I have ever had. They are great companions and super smart. Taz knew all his commands in Dutch and would always protect the wife, kiddos and home while I worked nights. He kept my kids entertained as they would hide his treats and make him search for them. Very loyal and loving!

Thanks for the memories!

Jimmy

• 2 weeks later...

attachicon.gifkneepro_detailpageC.jpgThose are nice, I have been using some that Jimmy Sierra sells on his site and they are great too. On year two with same pair and I hunt 3-4 times per week. They are 29.99..............worth every bit.

Oh yes, I like the looks of those. Articulated joints. At my age it would just be another place to get arthritis. :-)

Doc