Three Short Hunts with the Minelab GPZ 7000 - Under the Vein

• Admin

Hello All,

I must say it's been crazy busy on my end the last couple months with the business and getting ready for Christmas. Despite the crazy times, like everyone, I needed a bit of stress relief and managed to escape a few hours when I could for some short hunts. Swinging the metal detect in the Arizona deserts really allows me to relax and get all the daily stress from the business/work/home life off my mind for a bit. The gold is truly a bonus, but sure nice to find at least a small piece.

That all being said, I've target an area under an old rotten vein that has produced some nuggets in the past. Figured it's an old area, no one knows about it and the ground is pretty nasty. After 3 short trips on this ground, I've been able to snag around 15 Grams of gold, including a huge piece of quartz (shown prior, approx. 50-70lbs).

Here are a few pictures, but not all the gold is shown. The nugget shown in my hand was 6.5 Grams, really great character once it was cleaned. It shows some nice crystalline pattern. The nugget was found at 16-inches and was just a faint whisper on the GPZ.

post-2-0-74890300-1451394033_thumb.jpg

Approx. 10 Grams of gold show in the two pictures (nuggets on the GPZ searchcoil).

post-2-0-43953800-1451394045_thumb.jpg post-2-0-35787300-1451394052_thumb.jpg

Still more potential and I'm hoping for another huge quartz specimen, one showing more gold on the outside!

Man, congrats Rob!
Your in a good spot for sure.

Hope you get more out of it.

What did you ever do with that quartz/gold you found?

Shep is getting some nice slabs out of his.
Tom H.

• Admin

Hey Tom,

I still have it, trying to figure out if I want to bust it up or not. Here is a picture, very hard to see the visible gold on the outside, most of it is showing in the "boxworks" or vugs. Found it with the GPZ down about a foot or so. Dug around it, thinking it was a target below the rock. The quartz was covered with clay, didn't even realize it was quartz until I moved it out of the hole.

post-2-0-15069800-1451422553_thumb.jpg