New 14" Coiltek Mono Elite coil review

I finally got up to gold basin this weekend armed with the new Coiltek elite coil purchased from Rob and will have to admit I'm very impressed with the depth and sensitivity. I was able to get 5 nuggets out of an old patch that I worked heavily with the NF 14x9 previously months before. The nugget finder was my favorite coil, able to pick up real fine gold at depth but I have never dug down 7 inches to pull out a .12 grain nugget out of bed rock. The biggest nugget I pulled out this weekend was .8 of a gram and was well over a 10 inches and and heard it clear as day. I am looking forward to working some more of my old patches being confident that I will find others pieces I have missed. Also, was able to score 4 meteorites while I was there, sorry haven't weighed those yet but they're pretty good ones. Anybody have any questions about this coil is free to message me. post-70248-0-84046400-1447740243_thumb.jpost-70248-0-84046400-1447740243_thumb.jpost-70248-0-98273600-1447740266_thumb.j

Thank you guys. It was a good weekend out since I haven't had much luck down here near Mesa, AZ. I'm looking forward to see how the 17x13 evolution coil will do compared to the Coiltek elite. It will be a good comparison.

Yeah Dan I was surprised by the weight too but for me the weight of both the ELite and the Evolution niggle an old sporting injury which is why I'm so happy there is a 12 inch Evolution as well. Super sensitive and great depth for such a small and light coil. Coiltek have just released an 11 inch Elite as well. Again similar performance as each other. The 12 won't be coming off my 5000 any time soon, I love it, its like having a new detector. Going back to old patches that had no more target signals and hearing obvious targets that are gold is amazing from just adding a new coil. Everywhere is new again!

• 2 weeks later...

Ive ran the 14" since early summer. The coil is very quiet running. I usually can run in sens. Xtra and even turn up the gain by 2. Never had one falsing from bumping it off rocks and such. It is a killer on subgram nuggets and deeper big pieces. I ran the blitz 14x9 before that, but the 14" mono elite is definitely deeper and louder on small pieces. Emi is less with the elite. If you have emi, and turning down the motion speed to very slow. You can still swing a little faster then you should. Ive tried it on undug targets that were 8+ inches. You could swing really fast and still hear them like you were swinging slow. Not that that is a good technique. I had to recheck my first few holes again, because the tiny pieces of lead I found confused me. I couldnt believe that that was the target I heard. But it was. Wont be needing all these other coils that I got from Rob. They make good decorations in my detecting room. The coiltek mono elite is the only one that is going to be detecting with me.

Good luck

• Admin

Hey Andy,

Well I think you made a decision as your new Coiltek 14-inch Elite shipped this morning. Thanks once again for your business. I think you're going to really like this new coil. Please keep us all updated with your success.

Wishing you and forum Happy Holidays!

• Admin

Hey Andy,

You're very welcome. I think you're going to really like this coil (besides the color) as all others are having good success with it. I just received the other Elite's, the 11-inch Round and 17x11-inch Elliptical.

Your other items shipped this morning Andy First Class Mail. You should get them tomorrow.