** Minelab's First GPZ 7000 Software Update Now Available Here!! **

• Admin

Minelab are pleased to announce the first software update to our GPZ 70000 detector.

This free update incorporates a new Auto Ground Tracking Algorithm resulting in improved Auto Ground Balance functionality.

This GPZ software update improves the detector’s ability to track to the ground, such that more of the audio you hear is from gold nuggets. Resulting in -

• More stable threshold
  • Higher sensitivity
  • Less false ground signal interference
  • Precision ground tracking
  • More gold found

post-2-0-53917200-1444621295_thumb.jpg

This update also maximises achievable detection depth in any given soil type by delivering improved tracking of the yellow ferrite when ground balancing. Updates can be done easily via Minelab’s XChange 2, or manually via a file transfer method when XChange 2 is not available (e.g. if using a Mac).There is no need to return your detector to a Minelab dealer.

PDF Downloadable Attachment - GPZ 7000 Software Update Brochure.pdf

If you have any questions, contact us at Rob's Detector Sales. Thanks!

Rob I think that file you're linking to above is the original firmware code, made available for people who wish to return their unit back to how it was in January, if the update is not suitable.

This page shows both release revisions, the latest is dated October

http://www.minelab.com/asia/products/gold-detectors/gpz-7000?view=downloads

i.e.GPZ_7000_UPDATE_IMAGE_20151009

• Admin

Hey Alchemist,

I think you are correct. I deleted it from the original post. I haven't done the update yet, so if anyone has any feedback please post it here. I'm hoping the new software update will make the GPZ better in some locations. There are still a few places even with the Ferrite Tube the GPZ makes noise.

Thanks for adding the page with both versions of the firmware, Jan. 2015 and the latest Oct. 2015.

Trying to use the instructions and using the Xchange2 program did not work at all. It told me there was an update available, I started to download it to the detector, it failed to download it, at about 70% downloaded it crapped out.

When I exited the program and went back into it, the xchange2 program no longer recognized that an update was available because it had already attempted to download it so I assume it thought it was successful.

OK so here is what I did to successfully download the firmware upgrade. Total time no more than 10 minutes.

Step 1 Plug in the USB cable of your detector to your computer and turn the detector on and leave it on. Under no circumstance turn it off. The upgrade will turn off the detector when it is done with the upgrade.

Step 2 Go to My Computer and look for the E drive. It may be another letter, but it will say Minelab GPZ7000, this is looking at the storage on your GPZ7000. Just make sure it is showing up in My Computer.

Step 3 Go to:

http://www.minelab.c...?view=downloads

Download _blank.gif GPZ 7000 Firmware October 2015 (9.69 MB) to your computer on your C: drive in a folder where you will remember where it is.

The file will be named: GPZ_7000_UPDATE_IMAGE_20151009.ml3

Step 4 Once the file is downloaded on to your C drive go to the file. Copy the file from your C Drive to the E Drive or other drive letter that indicates this is your GPZ7000 detector.

Step 5. Once you have copied the file successfully, go to the E drive, do a right mouse click on the E drive, and select EJECT. This will terminate the connection between your computer and the detector.

Step 6 Unplug the USB cord from the computer. DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR DETECTOR. The detector screen will sense you have unplugged the USB cord and it will start the upgrade. Once it has initialized the upgrade it will ask you if you want to do a firmware update. Push the check mark to indicate that you want to proceed.

Step 7 the firmware will start to update and show you a percentage complete. Around 80% the screen will go black. Don't panic! What has happened is that the firmware upgrade as actually been successful and it has completed 100% and turned the machine off.

Step 8 Turn the machine back on, and it will ask you for the language, units of measurement, etc. Just like it did when it was brand new. Do a noise cancel on it and let it go through the noise cancel procedure until it gets to the point where it wants you to push the tracking button in and move the coil back and forth to balance the machine. It is at this point that you should notice that the picture on the screen is indicating you should be balancing the machine over the yellow ferrite ring. This will be your confirmation that you actually have successfully installed the new firmware.

Hope this helps and saves you some frustration.

Doc

Certified Minelab Gold Machine Trainer

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Well I spent 20 minutes on the update, but finally got it loaded and verified I have the latest firmware version. The instructions on the PDF are quite confusing if you ask me. They don't tell you when to turn the detector on, they tell you to login into the program and you don't have to login, just open the program. Not the clearest instructions I have read before to be honest.

The download was pretty slow on my PC, but I also realized I wasn't using my USB 2.0 port, but another slower version.

Thanks God I didn't have any lockup issues like Doc during the download process. Will be interesting to see how the unit performs now.