GPZ and SDC Gold From California

Hey while you AZ guys are sitting in your air conditioned homes trying to stay cool, its nice weather up this way in a lot of the northern part of the mother lode country. Although there is overlap of the detecting seasons in the spring and fall, in the summer when the heat is unbearable in AZ, its nice up in the shady pines of the Sierra, and when its nice during the winter in AZ, its all deeply buried in snow up this way. So here is the gold I've been getting in various locations in Plumas and Sierra counties in July, August and early September - just going out and prospecting a few days at a time. I'm probably out prospecting about 1/3rd of the time.

This is just the gold from my detecting in CA - it does not show about a half ounce of fines and small bits from some days of dry washing nor does it show the gold I have detected in Nevada.

This is gold which was detected using either the Minelab GPZ 7000 or the SDC 2300. I use the GPZ in areas with more open country and little in the way of trash, and the SDC 2300 when I am in trashy areas. The SDC does not have iron discrimination, but its so much faster for me to pinpoint and get the trash out of the ground, especially when you are digging a lot of targets and you may find multiple trash targets in a single swing of the coil. The two detectors make a great team, and have given me one of the better seasons I've had in recent years.

The largest nuggets across the top are 0.52, 1.10 and 0.41 ounces from left to right.

Good gold is still out there to be found and as the weather cools off in AZ, you guys will be out finding it in the hills soon. Just thought you'd want to see some to remember what it looks like.

post-9-0-64422600-1441865535_thumb.jpg

Well Chris, glad are getting out and about... The Boys in Arizona are tough and still getting out

in the early morning and several have emailed me photos of some nice gold. It is still out there

Chris... nice gold... keep at it :) :) :) jim

• Admin

Hey Chris,

Great finds and Thanks for sharing!! No question it has been hot and even a bit humid that last few weeks. Looking forward to working the GPZ pretty hard this Winter season. I just about have my paid for on old patches, sounds like you do also.

Wishing you much more success!

The fulltimers are tough Ol Birds and are out beeping and finding about 90 percent of the remaining 10 percent;

They live in a feast/famine existence and are out in goldfields no matter the weather. However both Rob and Reno

are doing great and able to enjoy the feast and avoid the famine bit.... Nice gold,,, WOW... Way to go Guy's...

Even when I am doing well, the gold by itself is not enough to pay the bills. I have other sources of income, which make life as a whole a lot more comfortable. Plus I think having to depend on just the gold would make my wife crazy. So life, as it is, is good.

Having to find gold to make ends meet would take the fun out of it for me. Too much stress.

Look at some of the Professional prospectors in Australia. Yes they can do it, but they have good and bad years and they usually have something going on the side. Selling training DVD's selling accessories etc.

Doc

DOC how true.... Doug Stone was doing well back when Peter Bridge introduced using

a metal detector in the eluvial gold fields. Unfortunately being first was everything and

soon the "cream" was skimmed. Another example could be Ty Palsen who forsake his

family to live a meager existence. Ty's fame is finding the "Mojave Queen" which he sold

for a pittance. It was later sold to it's current owner who loaned it to the Las Angeles

Natural History Museum with the caveat that it was found in the Stringer District within

the Randsburg Mining District. With this rich history while the nugget cleaned up at

thirteen pounds, based on its size, history and being on display greatly enhances it value

and as eventually it will be sold to a collector, it will being in millions of dollars. jim