Back in the Goldfields Finally with the Minelab GPZ 7000

• Admin

Hello All,

It's probably been a good 4 weeks since I have swung the Minelab GPZ 7000. Before I got tied up around the home, I was on a pretty decent streak with the GPZ. Today I decided to visit a wash I have hit pretty hard before, in hopes some of the Summer Monsoons have moved some material around. On arrival at the wash, I quickly noted the water didn't do much of anything, looked like the last time I visited the area. I picked a spot and started hunting slow and methodical. I hunted for a good 45 minutes to an hour with only like one small iron target, no gold.

I was a bit disappointed and had a feeling this might be my first skunk with the GPZ. I continued to push hard for another 3 hours and got into a small streak of gold nuggets. The largest was a 14+ Gram piece at over 20-inch and was buried by a huge rock. I ended the day with over 19 Grams in 5 gold nuggets.

Was good to get back into the hills, but it was a bit warm. The GPZ 7000 continued to amaze me even after all the time off.

post-2-0-98996700-1440961694_thumb.jpg

It's still out there ...

Wow!
Nice haul Rob :)
I figure im going to have to get out with dad in a week or two for a hunt.

Starting to itch again :)
Are you going to clean and re post them?
Tom H.

Hey nice haul, that gold looks familiar, ha ha, if that's in that same wash that it looks like, I am going to be absolutely amazed. I should be heading out that way as soon as the heat breaks, which could be awhile the way this summer has gone, it is still in the 90's here.

• Admin

Hey Guys -

Tom - I should probably start cleaning them, showing a dirt and then cleaned shot. I used to do this, but now just take a picture and toss them in the pouch.

Glenn - Yes, it's that spot! :o

Doc - We know there are some lumps in Gold Basin, we both have seen them. Biggest I ever found at Gold Basin was a 3/4 slug in one of the gullies many years back. All the other nuggets were a Gram or so.

CaliforniaGold - Ya, wife don't care anymore. She knows I'm good for paying for them, paid for all my detectors in nuggets (some models faster than others). Congrats on your recent finds.

Tortuga - Well .... You going to post it? :blink: