Weekend in California

It was a little hot here in AZ so Cow killer Newriverblake and I got in the truck and drove 850 miles to Northern California for some detecting. It was a very short trip with only three days to detect. Between detecting and sniping we were able to recover well over 100 small nuggets. The total weight between the three of us is over 2/3 ounce. It was a great trip but we are all beat up and got our fair share of poison oak.

AJ

post-31188-0-10101900-1435637999_thumb.j

post-31188-0-35251800-1435638098_thumb.j

Gotta love that N Cali poison oak...lol lol..

Little trick...

Buy some Bounce drier sheets...not the generic brand but the bounce brand and take 2 sheets and rub down with them then put the sheets in ur pocket...not only will poison oak sweat not penetrate but mosquitoes and other bugs won't mess with ya....yup it works...

Nice lil nuggies

AJ

Way to go nice to see you and Newriverblake show them NorCal. boys how its done on gold,. :P:)

Nice gold. you guys killed it on a short trip.

also in area's like that with poison ivy or oak I've found if you use lots of clothes and gloves to cover, or a ton of suntan oil lotion before you head out and shower it off with lots of soap and water, it works. use unscented suntan lotion too or you may be attracting bugs. I've heard the bugs dont like bounce but not sure why? but the mosquitoes hate an oil slick. could be why skin so soft also works well. :glare: AzNuggetBob

Thanks guys. Bob I am the only one on this trip that got poison oak. I get it really bad every time I got to California. I know what it is and always keep my eye out for it. I actually pay more attention to that little plant than the rattle snakes In AZ. I take a bath with poison oak soap after every day on the creek but when I get home I end up looking like the ugly guy on the Goonies. Arms, hands, legs and face. I must be very allergic to it. The gold is great and I will keep going back.

AJ