gpz big and small

Rob I am new to posting so excuse the post. One photo shows a fairly ugly quartz specimen (just under 1/2 t oz) . The nugget is cool cause you can feel the weight and it came in clear with the GPZ at 20 inches . I know some people do not believe depth with no photo, but it was right at 20 inches and I had witnesses. As you know I had to order an Apex pick to dig all these deeper targets. The gold I am finding is typically in the 14 to 24 inch depth. Attached is a photo under the microscope to show the character of the gold.

Also I have read about how hot it gets in Arizona and I was wondering how bad could it be? Temp. is hovering at around 100 here which is not typical. I set out to find out just what you guys go thru. I walked two miles and dug three targets and the on the left of the coil is a small nugget. I almost did not make it back to the truck! This clearly shows the versatility of the GPZ. If I could add anything to the Minelab wish list it would have to be a super lite coil. It does not have to be much bigger and certainly not smaller , just lighter.

post-72061-0-09386300-1435635892_thumb.j

post-72061-0-88650200-1435635991_thumb.j

I walked two miles and dug three targets

Two miles isn't bad but only three targets? You must be on some virgin ground! That's a nice looking gold specimen you have there. Seems like I dig about 100-200 trash targets before I find a nugget.

To answer your question about the weather here in Arizona it's hot. Bad enough to keep me indoors on the weekends. Rob has been detecting before dawn to beat the heat but I'm too much of a nightowl to go to bed that early.

Gotta be really careful about the heat out here this time of year and either plan your day around doing stuff very early or later in the day. Drinking just water isn't enough either, gotta supplement with Gatorade or Pedialyte for the extra salt and sugar.

Wow wow wow, that sure is pretty. Congratulations! That coil only has 6060 feet of wire in it, I can't imagine why it is so heavy. That isn't a joke, that is how much wire it has.

Doc

Very nice gold! Congrats on getting it :)
Went out from 7-10 here in Az and that toasted me for the rest of the day!

Felt like a raisin.
Think im going to be google prospecting for a couple of month now.

Good luck to you out there

Tom H

• Admin

Hello In the Mountains,

Thanks for sharing your GPZ finds. Wish more of my customers would share their finds, but they are out digging nuggets, trying to beat the rest from getting there. :)

No question the GPZ can punch down deep, but the targets or nuggets have to be there. Thanks for sharing your beautiful nuggets/specimens, wishing you many more with the GPZ!

Hey everyone , thanks for the nice replies. There seems to be some real nice people that re- visit these forums. I can dig unlimited trash targets here, so not exactly virgin ground, but on that hot day I was real picky.

Doc what are the chances of a super light type of coil or a carbon lower shaft to shave weight even with all of the wire?

Mountains,

Have you heard of the "Hip Stick" created by Chris Porter? It is a very simple and effective device to transfer the weight of the

detector from your shoulder to your hip. It really does work very well, I use it and many of the nugget hunters I know swear by it, yep

swearing from Brazil to Nevada and beyond! I think Bill S. and or Doc sell them, Chris G. too.... His site is detectoraid.com.....

Nice find and continued success!

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I have tried all the harnesses and don't like any of them personally. They are all great products, Hipstick, Swingy Thingy & Ultra Swingy Thingy, Minelab Pro-Swing 45 and more. We stock and sell all of these items at our online store - www.robsdetectors.com

I just hate to unleash the bungee every time I have to dig a target. The harness or these other items just seem to be goofy on me, never really like wearing them. I will probably pay the price later down the line swinging a 7+ pound metal detector around.

I never wore a harness or used a bungee since I started detecting, so it's just a habit that I don't like them. They are great products overall and we sell a bunch of all of them.

Chris Porter is the designer of the Hipstick and his site is - www.detectoraid.com