More Nevada Gold with the GPZ and SDC

I just got back yesterday from a three day trip out to the gold fields of Northern Nevada. It was warm, but not too bad the first 2 days (around 90) but warming up into the mid 90s yesterday and supposed to be above 100 for the next few days (So I am glad to be home).

No gold at all the last day, but had good luck the first two. I got 13 nuggets for a total of 10.9 grams, or just a bit more than 7 pennyweight. No serious patches, sometimes it just seems like the gold out there has just been scattered over a wide area. The largest nugget looks water worn, but the rest are jagged and have not traveled far.

The GPZ and SDC both worked fine out there. I used the SDC in a trashy area where I was able to pinpoint and remove a zillion little pieces of steel window screen that had been blown around the area by the wind. For me, its just faster to pinpoint the little trash bits and remove them with the SDC, and in the less trashy areas where the depth and greater coverage was helpful, I used the GPZ.

post-9-0-62379600-1435279445_thumb.jpg