Ferrite Tube GB Method - Don't have them yet - Video Included

• Admin

Hello All,

After this video from JP hit Youtube, many customers started calling as they assumed we had these in stock. I contacted Minelab Americas a few days ago, they seemed pretty unaware at the time what I was talking about. I believe they are going to have them soon, but they don't have them at the moment nor do any dealer (that I know of) have them in the US.

The moment I get these in stock, I will make sure all my customers are notified about the availability.

Rob... The antenna core from an old transistor radio popular for just a few $ years ago will work, Also

ferrite can be bought from Radio Shack and a ferrite ring was included years ago in VLF detectors sold

by White's... JP's videos are the best and I really enjoy seeing them as it is a vicarious way for me to

be out actually detecting again... This ferrite suggestion illustrates the difference between Aussie and

USA soils... Laterites, cap-rock and etc...

Stay cool... Hot weather is predicted for you area in Arizona... My Best to All... jim

Sorry to intrude Jim...BUT!

Minelab specifically says to only use the ferrite core they have provided...or they will provide...it is in fine print but I am one of those that read directions first...sometimes I even follow them...

fred

Howdy Fred I really your posts... YOU are special to me and as my Ol long-gone friend would

say... "smarter than two jackrabbits." (this is a special complement that I understood being raised

in the hills of eastern Nevada).

White's stopped adding the ferrite core sample as it was not needed. Thus, while ferrite is ferrite,

JP is also smarter than two jackrabbits and it is needed for Australian Minelabs which again illustrates

the core-difference in soils and the difference in basic language between the Australian and USA

prospectors such as ironstone and calcrete and even ferrous/ferric hot rocks as mineralization.

You know Doug Stone? He is one of the first eluvial prospectors and a geologist.

Just my outa the box dyslexic thinking.... Best to All... tailgate jim straight

Ps... Fred Correction: I love your posts. Woody Woodworth was my friend and Doug was one of

the first to take a detector out of tracking so it would not overtrack... the early "fast-trackers" were

prone to overtrack and ground balance out a good target.

Being legally deaf, I could not hear what JP was saying? Was it about using the ferrite to

quiet'en down the ground noise...

Jim, yes, I know Doug Stone. He is a very special person and loves all things Australian. You would certainly enjoy trading tales with him!

Yes, basically that is what Jonathan was saying...and showing in his video...He is also a very fine person that has given much to me and to detectorists in general.

These guys are like you, Jim...overflowing with goodness and knowledge!

fred

Well Fred to include me with JP or Doug is quite a reach for me... LOL... It better describes you...

JP is well known as a current successful prospector/miner/educator in Australia. Doug is well known for his videos

and setting up prospecting trips over the earlier years

All I know about ferrite is that it is an example of a paramagnetic material that are attracted ta a magnet but

cannot be used to create a permanent magnet.

Iron targets are generally referred to as "ferrous" (Fe304) and also attracted to a magnet; but CAN be turned into a

magnet...

Somehow that I do not understand in Australia, Negative and Positive "hot-rocks" are oxides or hydrous oxides of

magnetite or hematite or one of their alteration products and the Minelab Pulses need to be used to quieten down

the ground in some of the ironstone areas in parts of Australia.

So much for my knowledge :( :(... LOL