Screeming yellow zonker

Hey all:
Well, dad and I got out today. We tried a new area and after 3 washes only came up with 5 pieces of trash. No yellow to be had but PLENTY of hot gray rocks!

I had another area we were going to hit but after the amount of hot rocks we decided to go to a place with TONS of hot rocks and gold in the past.. PIZZA WASH!

We get in there and im hitting tribs into the main wash and not finding anything. I wanted to stay out of the main wash as we have hit it pretty hard over the years.

After a while I get this brainstorm to start hitting the benches and sides in the main wash.

Welp, up on a bench I get a reverse signal. We all know that means iron 98% of the time with a 5000.

But, in this wash there just isn't much iron, unless its in the stone form and that gives a high low.

Nothing left to do but dig, and dig, and dig,...get down over a foot and the signal is out and its a reverse/blanking signal.

I start to scoop up some dirt and there it is. Fresh from the bedrock smiling at me!
A awesome 1/3 oz nug.

It has some black stuff in it and I guess that's why the reverse signal. I had gotten another one from that wash that was sandwiched in between hematite that did the same thing.

Total out of that wash is a little over 3oz. Sure is a fun place to go and dig ironstone in :)
Must have moved 100 ironstones today. But when there's gold......it don't matter.

Great day out in the hills and the good Lord really blessed us with some nice gold today!
Tom H.

post-33762-0-61538500-1431906254_thumb.j

post-33762-0-89840600-1431906260_thumb.j

Yes....this is Arizona gold. Lower Bradshaw area :)

Strick:... It is still out there. It just takes a lot of boots on the ground and pounding washes.

GL to you.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know the most valuable thing about your post? Three words, "DAD and I".

I lost my dad in 1990, right after our third child was born. He got to hold her while he was lying in a hospital bed. He had a bad heart. He never got out of that hospital bed.

My dad and I loved each other like crazy, and we had a great time together, fishing, golfing. If he was alive today I am sure that he and I would be prospecting together too. He was kind, and generous and very funny.

There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of him, and I still miss him. 25 years have passed, the pain has not. What I would give to have him with me just one more day. I have no regrets, he knew I loved him because I told him so, and he told me. But even so, just one more day to let him have dinner with the family, to see my sister, to let us know how my mom and my niece and the rest of my dearly departed relatives are doing.

I know you cherish the time you get to have with your father. Every minute is a golden memory.

My best to the both of you,

Doc