Weekend Dinking end in almost 1/2 ounce of Gold Nuggets

• Admin

Hello All,

It's been a good 2-3 weeks since I've been able to get out and swing the GPZ 7000. I've been so wound up lately with family sickness and such, I really just needed a few hours in the hills. I hunted three old patches with the new Minelab GPZ 7000, 2-3 hours on each patch to see what I could turn up.

The first location, which I hammered to depth in the past, I found the most nuggets. I found 10 small nuggets for 1.8 Grams of gold. Most of all the nuggets were at depth, but a few were right on the surface on the bedrock and I missed them with the Minelab SDC 2300. Really mind boggling, since I seen the scratches and digs of the SDC all around the area and they were right out in the open where I know I scanned. No real answer on it besides the GPZ is more sensitive to some types of gold I guess.

The second location was very mineralized, hard to keep the Minelab GPX 5000 years ago stable on it. I've already been to this spot with the SDC 2300 about a year ago and found 12 within a few hours, all really small. I spent 2 hours on this patch and found a nice 2.5 Grammer down about a foot and then a smaller one for a total of 2.8 Grams.

The last location was a shocker because I pounded it to death before also, but found the most weight there. I found 8 gold nuggets at this spot, all down at least 6 inches, the bigger ones at nearly a foot. Total from this old patch was 7.6 Grams.

Ended the weekend hunt with 20 gold nuggets and 12.2 Grams, close to 1/2 ounce of nuggets on pounded ground.

post-2-0-89674100-1431897883_thumb.jpg post-2-0-52269900-1431897894_thumb.jpg

A very needed hunt and hundreds of spots to return to.

Hope you enjoyed. Its still out there .....

Great finds, Rob. I'm still looking for my first...LOL. Looks like the GPZ is the cat's backside on previously-hunted spots.

Jim

• Admin

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the comments. I haven't been back to one patch yet, where I have struggled to find a nugget within the first 15 minutes. I had nuggets in all of these patches from this last weekend within minutes. I'm more excited about finding new spots and leaving less behind this Winter season. Until then, I will hunt easy during the Summer months working some old patches plucking what I can out of them. I'm confident from the results I have seen so far, that this Summer season I could have my GPZ 7000 paid in full from old patches.

Figuring an average of 1/4 ounce per weekend trip. Approx 16 - 20 weeks of Summer heat here in Arizona left, 4-5 ounce of gold at that rate = $4800 - $6000 at spot. I'm over 3 ounce now.

Be interesting to see what I have around September.

That's pretty awesome Rob.

Like you said, you have a lot of patches to go revisit :)
Nice gold for sure.

Good luck to ya!
Tom

• Admin

Hey Guys,

By any means it's not easy, some places you have to dig hundreds of trash targets for a single nugget. The nice thing about old patches is minimal amount of surface trash.

It's only easy to score nuggets when guys placer the entire wash for a GPZ 7000 to come through! :o That was my inside voice speaking ..... :ph34r:

Well...............that would be cheaper...but knowing Rob...that isn't the way he does it.

He's a prospector that hammers ground and finds gold.

Why do you post this stuff?
Tom H.

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Over the years I have helped thousands of guys/gals learn about metal detecting for gold. Having a limited amount of time due to my day job, the business and my family life, some feel they need all my attention. My service has always been unlimited email, phone and forum support and has never changed, but that don't include holding your hand and getting you over a handful of nuggets. I take customers out, give them top rate training on their detector(s) and hopefully get you over a nugget that same day. Some customers go home skunked, but majority find at least a nugget throughout the day. That all being said, after the training day, you're on your own.

I have gotten more customers over nuggets than any other dealer on the forum hands down. We are talking hundreds of nuggets, which could be nuggets I would find.

To get to the point, people will always be jealous of the guys that are successfully finding gold. These people are the ones that don't want to put forth the hard effort, research and boots on the ground to find the gold. Many believe you can just buy a detector and find handfuls of gold.

These are the same that will probably say "Rob paints rocks gold to make people think they are nuggets!" LOL .....

Funny, I have nothing to prove, nor do I need to show a single nugget I find. I run this forum, offer the best service and support because I love this hobby and believe it's one of the greatest hobbies to get some return out of your investment. These return can be a combination of things; gold nuggets, stress relief, exercise, friendship, make peace with God and more.

Hope you understand. Now go find a nugget if you can! :o

P.S. Dave, why don't you tell them how much advice, time on the phone and hundreds of text messages I have helped you with just to clear the air.

Crap no need for him to come clean Rob, probly won't happn anyway,theres enough of us everyday blue collar guys out here that know you, how you hunt and whats really goin on.
Yup sounds like another cockey wannabe , No offense to all you Aussies out there listening, we have wannabes here in the states too !!!!!!!!

Minelab do not give out the Minelab Customer Care Champion Award to just anybody, but Rob is one of those few people who have earned it.

Here's some of what Minelab say is required to qualify,

"This award goes to the partner in the Minelab organization that has shown incredible passion and focus on serving Minelab customers with unprecedented passion.

The Customer Care Champion will often perform an extra training session or outing to ensure customers using Minelab equipment understand procedures and techniques required for a successful dig."

Obviously the vast majority of Rob's customers were very well satisfied, so one can only wonder what agendas disgruntled ones actually entertain.

Nice shooting on those nuggets Rob. I'm loving the 7k too.

Many have said that it will not make much of a patch hunter, but I'm begining to think the opposite. Just one wayward dink is all it takes to focus on an area and maybe find a good patch of chunky brethren.

Cheers

Kev.

Just one wayward dink is all it takes.......................................I really like that statement :)

Ive gotten spots that way . What are you doing out here little fellow? :ph34r: Up here on a hill all alone... Then it leads into nice washes with gold. :)

Tom H.

Rob,

Why do you sell metal detectors that won't find gold??? :angry::ph34r::)

You should start throwing in a free can of gold spray paint with the purchase of a metal detector so these guys that can't find a nugget can just spray paint an ironstone and turn it into a gold nugget. That way when they get home and show it to the wife they won't get in trouble for spending so much money on a detector that won't find gold. Just an idea! :blink:

I'm now up to 114 nuggets with the seven for a total of 2 ounces from very hammered patches thanks to the extra nice weather we've had.

• Admin

Hey Russ and All,

I'm not trying to be hard on Dave, as I have helped him a bunch via text messages and phone support. I can only do so much with the limited amount of time I have. If someone goes out and can't find a nugget, I don't have all the answers. For the most part, they are not getting the coil over the gold and hunting all the wrong locations.

This hobby is not for the ones that have to justify their time in the field every trip with their wife or girlfriend. If that is the cause, others hobbies might fit their needs better. The ones that push hard through all the skunks will be the ones at the end of the day with the nuggets.

Don't give up, the moment you give up, the ones that pushes on next to you will pluck the gold! :huh:

P.S. Where can I get a case of that "Gold Spray Paint" anyways ..... LOL Might make a good detector bundle package, if not, a good laugh from the customer.

Just one wayward dink is all it takes.......................................I really like that statement :)

Ive gotten spots that way . What are you doing out here little fellow? :ph34r: Up here on a hill all alone... Then it leads into nice washes with gold. :)

Tom H.

You're on to it Tom.........I see you found some nice ones recently, good sleuthing :ph34r: