How much are willing to pay for your coin and gold detector

Back in 91 I got my Eagle 2 from Kellyco for 725.00 and that was a lot to pay for a coin detector. Well it was for me at that time in my life.

Now we see so many detectors that will find coins and gold for less than what I put out for the Eagle.

You can find some good just gold detectors under two thousand and one a little over that. We all well know after this point one company makes a big jump in price. Oh don't get me wrong they are the best gold detectors a person can buy.

What I want to know is just where is your cut off point on the money your willing to put out. I guess the best term is living within our means. On gold detectors I have trouble doing that. On the coin side of detectors no problem.

Best to All

Chuck Anders

• Admin

Hey Chuck,

Well I ended up buying the GPZ 7000. Even for a dealer, it's not cheap and I had to really think about the purchase. Heck, at the time I had several used PI's, the GPX 5000 and the SDC 2300. Just those units was a good 10K worth.

I'm super impressed with the GPZ, so it makes me wonder what the heck it next ..... ?

Rob

I know if I added all the detectors I've got holding up walls it would ruin over the cost of the GPZ 7000. So are you saying I can blame Minelab for not coming out with the 7000 sooner.Ha If I had the ten G's I'd be calling you now to ship and why don't you have it here yet.Ha

On a coin detector I've looked at lots of videos and you would think it's going to cost me more than anything I'd ever put money out for. If there is reasoning behind my thinking it's got to be it don't say gold detector.

For years I had coin fever but when you get gold fever it's no hope for you. All of a sudden money is no object. Well that's not totally true. I can see it's not easy for a dealer. We all got in a bad habit of wanting to eat and having a roof over our heads. Being a dealer with all new detectors coming out my kids would be in rags.

The best to you always Rob. Keep the videos coming . I just love show and tell.

Chuck Anders

PS You said you have the 5000 and 2300 but now you have a detector that can do the job of both. Now you can swing the coil over the ground just one time. You didn't have to change detectors are coil to do it.

Don't tell your wife you have all this extra time now because of the 7000. She will find a way to put that to good .I'll stop at good because nothing is good about it.