GPZ7000 - 3 ounces in two trips

Just had an anonymous customer email me pictures of 3 ounces of gold taken in two trips on two different patches that he had gridded before with a GPX5000.

He got over 1 ounce the first trip and over 2 ounces the second trip.

I am waiting for his permission to show the pictures. He is rather private and I can understand why.

He says that Minelab should have called the GPZ7000 a "gold nugget vacuum cleaner."

When you score 3 ounces in two trips it is no wonder you are not posting on the forums. Who has time to post on forums when you are heading back out to another old patch.

If I get permission I will post the pictures.

Doc

Got permission. He cleaned the nuggets up for the pictures. First trip he got a little over an ounce, Second trip was over 2 ounces.

Doc

Edited by DOC

That is a lot of gold in a short time but going where no other has gone before with the 7000 pays off. I wish that guy all the best . I d say he's on the way of paying for his 7000.

I've got more detectors than I need but I never got one thinking I need to find so much to pay for it. Sometimes just owning one is the joy and not trying to pay for it with your finds.

Chuck Anders

That's it! Im cashing in my retirement plan :)
Awsome gold!!!!
Congrats to the mystery detectorist. Hope he finds a lot more.

Tom H.

nice gold ... That prospector/miner sure is tuned into his GPZ based on the variety of sizes of the gold.

Mike F

The patches were not extremely large and he gridded each three times using the 3 different settings. High Yield, General, and Deep Gold.

Doc

Struck Out! Doc ... did my shoulder in trying to swing the Beast without the harness some of the time. Next time out the harness will be used 100% of the time. I did go home with my first meteorite ever though ... Thanks to Dick I know what I have been throwing away every time I have been to the basin. I know I chucked a couple in the past thinking they were hot rocks ... won't do that anymore ... at least not knowingly! :unsure:;)

Mike

Doc when I first learned about the Minelab pi's I was hunting an old patch out at Rich Hill. I had been pounding this patch with a gold bug for weeks. I had taken out several ounces out of this spot, but no more. they just stopped? I beat that place for days, no more. I look over and I see floyd Allen and he is digging and putting something in his pocket. so I stroll over there an Im looking at this new detector he's swingin and I said whats that? he says its the new Minelab 2000, Really? finding anything? he says Ive got 4or5 and he pours them out. nice nuggets. several DWT. each. so I said where can I get one of these and he says there new and only a few in the U.S. so far. How much ? he says around $2000. I may be able to get you a deal on one Bob. and I replyed $2000. wow. I only payed about $700.00 for my gold Bug.

Well I met Floyd over in black canyon the next day and he hooked me up with a Minelab dealer that had two of them. I purchased one, took it back to that patch the next day and took out four more ounces. a few more inches of depth and a lot more hot ground rejection.

I was amazed. AzNuggetBob

That is all it takes. Just a couple more inches, more sensitivity to small gold, anything that gives you an edge. The major work has already been done if you have been detecting for a while because you have already found patches that have just sat domant for years,

Now you just have to go back and harvest the next layer of nuggets you were not able to get before.

Doc

I will say this. I do have a bit of an edge over some just because I do know of many old deep patches. have you ever had that nagging thought, maybe I should have bought that GPZ 7000? am I walking over new patches? every inch of depth matters, and my wife will back me up on that. :) AzNuggetBob

Mike your going to have to ask my wife to get a half assed straight answer on that one, I'll just stand back and watch. she really is a nice gal, and youll probably get a straight answer just as soon as she stops laughing. anyway I also have to agree with Fred, size and depth matters too, especially on the coils.

AzNuggetBob

:o;):P ... Fun topic to play with but enough I guess for now ... wish I had some new gold to show but have struck out last couple trips ... heading to Denver for a couple weeks so prospecting is on the shelf until the end of the month and then down to Congress area for first week in May to chase the gold with the new shoulder buster ... the GPZ7000.

Mike

When you put the money down for your GPZ7000 did you think you were going to pay for it in gold ? I'd enjoy the pleasure of owning the top of top of the line of gold detectors. Now I'm like you and others I do want to find gold with it. A friend ask if I would buy one and I said in a New York minute. The only thing holding be back now is just a little thing like money.HaHa

The best to you

Chuck Anders