wheres all the gpz 7000 fimds ???

This new machine stirred up alot of havoc before its release. I did see some great vids by doc on some small nuggs at depth. But i dont see anything too impressive about it opening new patches. Not alot of fnds like i was expectimg to see. Either everyone is busy or juat quiet. When the 2300 sdc came out there were tons of posts and alot of pics of nuggs daily.i habe to admit i really was expecting to see some bigger stuff like crazy. As the bigger stuff is deeper. I remember the posts on the pushes at 24k claim i think it was. I think ill just stick with changing coils and the 5000 for bit. Im sure this new detector is amazing but wheres the real proof. I guess i was expecting to see a whole new gold rush lol.

John .

John ... Two schools of thought here ... First is as you wish, post lots of pictures and sell lots of machines ... and the second is mum's the word and picture until the first wave of GPZ owner's clean up their old patches and maybe a few more and thereby limiting the sales of the detectors. My guess is those new owners are busy making hay while the sun is shining and not too hot ... post will come after it gets too hot and the nuggets have gone scarce again.

Just my opinion of course! :ph34r::o;)

Mike F

Hi John

The price between the 2300 and the 7000 is somewhat more as you know. I think you will see more reports on the 7000 in given time. I know myself the jump between the 2300 up to the 7000 is not something I can do over night even if I want to. Some would say it's all dollars and cents but in this case it's all dollars and lots of them.

I was at Stanton when the 7000 came out and Loye Blackburn a dealer had three. Two people had put their money down for two of the three he had. I think for some it could have been twice that and would be gone just as fast.

I'd love to have a 7000 but I can't buy it on looks. I guess for now I'll be happy just with the 2300. No I didn't find anything out the first time with the 2300. I myself was having trouble and had to come home to my Dr. but nothing found yet.

The Best

Chuck Anders

Well. From alot of posts i thought they were selling like hot cakes. l know theirs a big price difference but i was just refering to how it died down on pics and finds since tjis new 7000 came out. When the 5000 came out people were posting alot of pics and finds. The 2300 was hot and ckeaned uo and alot if posts and pics. Now the new 7000 and only rob amd doc posting. There has got to be more out there using them. I see the point that if they are cleaning with the 7000 they dont want everyone buying. But in few yrs there will be something that will clean up after the 7000 lol. There will be a gpz 10000 that will find subgram gold at 3 ft lol. Anyways i think ill wait. Im sure its an amazing machine and i think theres still plenty gild for the 5000 and lower end maxhines to find. Thanks for all the replies. I hate a dead forum lol

John

This new machine stirred up alot of havoc before its release. I did see some great vids by doc on some small nuggs at depth. But i dont see anything too impressive about it opening new patches. Not alot of fnds like i was expectimg to see. Either everyone is busy or juat quiet. When the 2300 sdc came out there were tons of posts and alot of pics of nuggs daily.i habe to admit i really was expecting to see some bigger stuff like crazy. As the bigger stuff is deeper. I remember the posts on the pushes at 24k claim i think it was. I think ill just stick with changing coils and the 5000 for bit. Im sure this new detector is amazing but wheres the real proof. I guess i was expecting to see a whole new gold rush lol.

John .

I've been wondering the same thing myself. Was expecting to see a lot of AMAZING finds all over the internet. But maybe all the GPX 5000's have already cleaned out a lot of the big, detectable gold lying within the first few feet of the surface. Or like others said because of the price it's a smaller group of guys who bought them and if they're spending $10k on a detector most of them are probably some savvy, experienced prospectors and aren't running to the forums posting about their finds. The only way to really know how good it is would be to get one yourself..

I do not for one minute discount that guys are staying quiet about their finds. I would sell a machine to someone here in the Las Vegas area if they wanted one. On the other hand, to be honest. I am happy the machines I have sold have not been in this area. I don't need the competition until I at least get to cover my old patches.

Here is another thing to think about. I think the reason you are not see large nuggets yet, is because people are keeping quiet. But from talking to my customers they are finding lots of nuggets in old patches, just not big ones. WHY? Because these guys have hit these patches with the GPX5000 with 20 and 22 inch coils. I don't care how good the GPZ7000 you can not expect a 14 inch coil on a GPZ7000 to compete with a 20 to 24 inch coil on a GPX5000. Apples and Oranges.

Now, when the BIG coil comes out for the GPZ7000 then you will have more of an apple to apple comparison and you will see that 40% depth increase take over and you will see lunkers being pulled out deeper than the range of a GPX5000 with a 20 inch coil.

Right now I am getting reports of a lot of small gold being found that has been missed. One customer found 18 nuggets in an old patch in the first 2 hours. All little stuff but it adds up. The customer said it was the most fun he had in a long time.

So bottom line is, I think it is a combination of things. But mark my words, the GPZ7000 will go down in detecting history as a significant benchmark in the evolution of super detectors.

Up until now, you could find little gold with a small coil, but you had to forego the large deep stuff until you went back over the ground with a big coil. Now you can get the little ones and the big ones. Little nuggets that weigh less than a tenth of a gram with a 14 inch coil????? Come one, that is unheard of. Sure the GPX5000 gets little gold, but under a tenth of a gram. with a 14 inch coil? At 4 and 5 inches? Just absolutely insane.

Doc

HY Sandtrap and Grubstake... First time Jerry is a loss for words :) However, I understand

Ridgecrest is currently having a cold snap with temperatures below freezing and he may be

sticking close to the fire... tailgate

Well. I can see being quiet about finding some gd size chunks. But there were alot finding a dozen nuggs when the 2300 came out. Hand fulls when the 5000 came out. Everyone was reporting. I seen lots of nuggets from old patches posted here when the 2300 came out. No one was keeping a secret how awesome the 2300 was. If their just getting alitbof smallbgold in old patches its not gonna cause a gold rush on thier patches. Chances are know one will even hit them. Unless its a shared patch. Butthen again its not a secret patch. I guess we will just have to wait and see what shows up.

John

Hey sandtrap. How habe u been. I been trying to connext with you. Ill be headed back to oklahoma city for work and wanted to get out with you before i left. I think friday will be my last day out in the rands areas for a bit. Ill probably habe my dad with his gold hug pro i got him couplebyrs ago and my uncle who has an mxt. They could use the exercise lol. Anyways ifya can come on out for awhile let me know.

John

• Admin

Hey Gubelube,

I think you have a valid question and i will try to answer from my experience and what others are finding (off the forums). First, for the last 20 years old, known areas have been hammered by VLF and early PI's, picking up most of the easy pickings for the most part. The patches that have depth and potentially have larger gold have been ran over with early PI up to the GPX 5000 with stock coils up to very larger coils (NF 25-inch Mono Round).

That all being said, it's hard to believe much gold would even be found at all knowing these patches have had years worth of VLF's over them, but 15 + years of PI technology over them, with each model getting more sensitivity and depth.

To go back with a GPZ 7000 and find anything is amazing, unless it's finding something below the depth prior PI's are getting. The fact is, the GPZ 7000 is finding gold from the surface down to depth that other VLF's and PI's have missed.

Handfuls of guys are plucking nuggets from .25 grams to 10-15 grams from old patches in Northern Nevada, California, Montana, Arizona and more. All my customers that have purchased GPZ's (a bunch of them) have found gold in all their old patches. Most of the gold being smaller, a few guys finding some multi-ounce stuff that they don't want to post and advertise.

We all want the new detector, regardless of what it's called and who makes it to be that "magic wand" metal detector. The point it, you have to practice, learn and spend just as much time in the field as prior metal detectors with the new GPZ 7000 to be successful. I have only been out 6 times with the GPZ, never got skunked yet on old patches. Biggest piece is 1/3 ounce at depth, missed with the GPX 5000. It's going to take a lot of hours in the field and either a lot of smaller, missed nuggets or a few larger ones to pay for this unit.

No question, it's getting more depth than a GPX 5000 and finding smaller gold that is missed. I know for anyone that has a GPX 5000 that might be hard to swallow, but it's the facts. If I thought any differently, I wouldn't have sold my GPX 5000. I have had enough time with the GPZ to know I'm convinced it's a great detector and there is no other, but I don't expect gold to pop out of the ground.

Hope this makes some sense.

You make perfect sense rob. Well said and put.this is why we post questions...to get answers. Well i just hope people come out of the closet and start sharing some finds and thoughts. Podt some pics.

John

i know I'm a dealer so you might not think I can be objective. But I can.

Anyone who has ever spoken to me about detectors knows that I have always said the same thing. From the SD2000 to the SD2100 there was a significant jump in the technology. Another jump from the SD2100 to the SD2200d, when they gave us discrimination and auto-ground balance. Then came the GP Extreme, and Dual Voltage Technology, OK an improvement and maybe more sensitivity to smaller gold, then the GP3000, then GP3500, the GPX4000, GPX4500 GPX 4800, GPX5000. Each one of these machines a slight improvement over the predecessor.

However, when we got into the digital machines, GPX series, the technology grew, but in my mind the fun factor went down. The machines became complicated and the learnign curve caused a lot of frustration. I always maintained that if you took three guys, all equally trained and let them loose in three different gold bearing locations with equal distribution of gold, and one was using the SD2200d, one using a GP3500 and one using a GPX5000, (in other words all things being equal but the machines) at the end of the day it would be hard to predict who would have the most gold either by weight or nugget count. That SD2200d still finds gold. Does it find the smaller stuff? No, but it is one hell of a machine and put an 18 inch coil on it and holy crap the depth is staggering. Point being they are all good machines.

So in my mind while each of these machines represented an advancement in technology, none of them represented what I would call a GIANT LEAP. And the GPX5000, which is an amazing machine, is the most confusing for the average detectorist to learn. So many settings are available, and yet none of them are easily accomplished. Stop, flip a switch on the front, go to the back panel and make sure you have the right selection that the switch is connected to. Flip to Special, make sure the rear panel is on Fine Gold so when you flip to Special that is what you are in. That machine literally has thousands of different ways to set the machine up. And always that nagging feeling when you are detecting that maybe you are in the wrong setting.

What I have been waiting for is that HOLY CRAP moment.

It is that feeling I got when I went from an XT18000, a VLF mahcine, which was the forerunner of the Eureka Gold machine, to an SD2200d. I found gold with my XT18000, but when I got my first SD2200d in my hands, and I realized, you can't turn it on standing next to your truck. You can't have any metal in your boots, you can carry your pick on your belt but you are probably going to hear it with every swing, WHAT? I am picking up that rusty can that is laying on the ground three feet away from my coil? That was the HOLY CRAP moment. That was the minute I realized that holding an SD2200d in my hands that I wasn't in Kansas anymore. I was running with the big dogs. No more would I be the guy with the XT18000 that my hunting partners with the SD2200's would yell to, "Doc, bring your detector over here and see if you can hear this target." And then be disappointed when I couldn't.

For 25 years that is the feeling I have been waiting for as I upgraded from one Minelab pulse induction machine to another; and it never came... UNTIL NOW.

The first nugget I dug with the GPZ7000, a little 1/10th of a gram nugget at a good 5 inches, the second, a 2/10ths of a gram at 9 inches in a 20 X 20 patch that I have chained, I have gridded I had been over with every detector including the SDC2300, and this GPZ, with a 14 inch coil, found little gold, and found it deep. That was when I knew that the GPZ7000 was that quantam leap in technology that I had been waiting for.

Once I got used to the GPZ7000, I had a 5 nugget day, then another 5 nugget day, then an 8 nugget day. I finally got the great feeling that I was not walking over gold that my machine could not hear. I got the feeling that I had the right machine and the right coil regardless if it was little gold or bigger deeper gold. I always hated that feeling using your GPX5000 that you get 1/2 way through the day when you have an 18 inch coil on and have not found any gold, "maybe I should have had a little Joey or Sadie coil on and went for little gold today."

I don't have that feeling with the GPZ7000 anymore.

I have to be honest with all of you. I love this hobby, but I was getting a little bored with going out with my GPX5000 for 8 hours and if I was really diligent, and really worked hard, maybe scoring 1 nugget a day.

Mark my words! There are record number of nuggets being found right now that would stagger the imagination. But this machine is so good, mum is the word. In the following months, we are all going to have HOLY CRAP moments when the pictures of these finds start to leak out. And I will make another prediction. There will be a second wave of discovery when the bigger coil for this machine gets released. That is when you are going to see some real lunkers.

This GPZ7000 will go down in metal detecting history as the most significant advancement and development in metal detection and gold nugget finds, since the introduction of the pulse Induction machine.

I have always had an affection for my gold machines. I still have my SD2200d. I probably will never get rid of it. However, I have to tell you, I am going to be selling my GPX5000. Great machine? Yes. But I don't see myself every using it as long as I have the GPZ7000. I will keep the SDC2300 as a backup travel machine, and a machine for guests to use. But the GPX5000 is just too much machine for a friend to use. The SDC2300 is about as close as you can get to a turn on and go machine.

As far as the GPZ7000 goes, like the Minelab ad says, "The Next Level of Gold Detection is Here."

BCOT!

Doc

I gotta get one.

Just gotta round up the last few grand to pay for it.

If it finds smaller gold better than my SDC and deeper gold than the GPX I think it's going to be the best option for me.

At the end of the day it's just money, right? :)

I have a guy willing to trade me my gpx 5000 and all the stuff with ot plus $6k for his goz7000. But im gonna pass on that. I think after the sales slow down and coiltech and nuggetfinder or even minelab can make a super coil to go withvthe 5000 it will do the same. I have heard the technoligy is in mainly the coil sonim sure there will be one out soon.

John

Why does he want a GPX 5000 instead of his GPZ 7000?

If you've seen pics of the inside of the GPZ's "smart coil" it has a little circuit board in there. I'm not sure something like that could be compatible with a GPX.

I agree with Tortuga, I don't think it's all in the coil, you have a to have the control box to go with the coil to get the coil to work correctly and the GPX 5000 doesn't have the right parts inside it to make the coil technology work and you cannot download an upgrade for the GPX 5000 to make it happen, IMHO

I have a guy willing to trade me my gpx 5000 and all the stuff with ot plus $6k for his goz7000. But im gonna pass on that. I think after the sales slow down and coiltech and nuggetfinder or even minelab can make a super coil to go withvthe 5000 it will do the same. I have heard the technoligy is in mainly the coil sonim sure there will be one out soon.

John

Yeah John, that's it. You broke the code, It's just the coil. :wacko:

Doc

Im not sure why he asked me to trade. Maybe hes just mot satisfied. I had posted it on craigslist so i could just buy a gpz and be done with it. Maybe he likes that i have a dozen coils amd alot extra with it. But he said he would take what i had and $6k for the 7000.

John