Nugget #1 of 5 - GPZ7000 - 03/19/2015 .4 gram 8 inches

Great video Doc! Maybe your camera wasn't conveying the full amplitude of the signal, but I would have expected more of a stronger break in the threshhold when you initially hit the target. I noticed when you removed the "smoothing" that the signal did appear to be more abrupt, but then again you gained a little more noise also, which for me I would probably rather have if I could get a sharper hit on my targets. I guess it's all relative in how each machine responds and how you really need to tune yourself to that particular machine.

Keep those videos coming. By the time I'm ready to upgrade to the latest and greatest, my learning curve should be almost nil due to guys like yourself shooting videos explaining the different settings for your particular circumstances. Thanks again...

Azblackbird. Actually the target was that subtle. It was the kind you would miss if you did not know that there was gold in that gully and you were not going really slow.

I am still not through with that gully. I want to go through it again with smoothing off.

Thank you all for your comments.

Doc

I was running in difficult. Instructions say the only time you should not run in difficult is if you are in non-mineralized ground perhaps looking for coins and relics. Then the Severe setting is for ground where it it highly mineralized and variable.

Doc

I was running in difficult. Instructions say the only time you should not run in difficult is if you are in non-mineralized ground perhaps looking for coins and relics. Then the Severe setting is for ground where it it highly mineralized and variable.

Doc

Hey Doc,

Always at least try to run in Normal ground setting. If you can't get it to settle down in Normal, no big deal, just go back to Difficult. Normal is certainly not just for coins and relics, it is the hottest setting for gold if the ground allows it. It adds considerable punch on small nuggets in milder ground. Probably not going to work many places in Arizona but I have had good success with it in Nevada and California.

Thanks for the video! I keep telling myself to do some but it really is work to stop detecting and shoot video, when I can just get on with finding another nugget. So I appreciate your taking the time to do it. Really good job filling the hole especially.

Thanks for the video! I keep telling myself to do some but it really is work to stop detecting and shoot video, when I can just get on with finding another nugget.

Get yourself a good bullet cam and chest harness. You can detect and shoot video "hands free" to your hearts content. The pain in the butt is the editing and posting of your videos to YouTube. That's what takes the most time.