Nokta Fors Gold

Hey Rob

Well said. I've never buy a detector thinking that I'll find enough to pay for it. You have to enjoy what hobby your into. The excitement of the next swing of the coil and what I may find is what it's all about. Like Mel Fisher said always " To morrow is the day" .

Your day may be tomorrow.

Chuck Anders

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Some great information on the Fors Gold and about friendship and hunting. I haven't used the FORS Gold, but sure sounds like it's one of the better VLF's on the market now. I know AZO is selling them, so recommend them for anyone searching for the FORS Gold detectors.

ahorton10 - You're welcome. I'm always willing to help where I can. Like Grubstake mentioned, when it comes to areas, everyone wants to come where gold is being found. I think that is normal, we all get excited to find gold.

Grubstake - I still rank the trip up there with you one of my best adventures. I don't get away much, but those spots were very interesting and I was fortunately to have someone like you guide us right onto the gold. Dennis and I still talk about that trip, not sure we will ever top the fun we had. I still think about the Pizza shop we went to! Thanks once again, sure wish we could all do it again while we all are in somewhat decent health.

Chuck - I have turned away a lot of business over the years, not being the salesperson. I have undersold a lot of detectors and discouraged people to purchase certain high dollar items once I heard what they are doing. I really try hard to give the best advice for what it's worth.

I'm not sure if there is Karma or just good will, but believe my honesty and willingness to help has paid off in gold over the years. I have found some nice patches and finds, most of the time I just look up and thank the great LORD for allowing me to do what I love. Without him, none of this would be possible.

Well stated Rob ... A number of people contributed to shorten my learning curve when I started in the gold fields in 2003 ... I had been swinging coin machines since 1988 prior to that so I at least had a small working knowledge ... with all those guys I would not be where I am today in the knowledge bank. There is only one way to get and keep customers ... sell them what they need and want and provide great follow-up ... your reputation proceeds you as it does for your cousin Chris G. with whom I work ... friendly and honest competition in the marketplace awards all from the dealers to the end users.

Mike F

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Mike - Well said, I never feel Chris is my competition, as we have talked about this before. We offer like, but different services. With dealers like Chris and I, we offer different packages and support to the end users, benefiting them more. Sometime when it cools off, Chris, You and I should plan a hunt somewhere for a few days.

Grubstake - Ya, it was great. Sure makes me wish I lived up in your country and knew the people you do for permission. I think there is a lot of gold up there to be found, but like anywhere it takes research, permission and a bit of luck.

Rob

I've been looking at the fore gold and the fore core on Chris forum. The only thing I'm waiting on seeing just what the Racer gold has to offer. I'm in more of need of a coin detector but as we know most can do both. The Racer has all the controls up front and if not it then something like it. The on and off switch I don't care where they put it but the others need to be under my thumb.

Chuck Anders

• Admin

Hey Chuck,

I wish I knew more. I have the brochures on the Makro Racer, but not the Gold Racer yet. I think they will be similar, some say the Racer will be better. I can't honestly say, I haven't used either personally yet.

Mike - Sounds good. Tell Chris I will go easy on his patches with the GPZ! :)

Hello everyone

I'm new to this forum and I'm from northern cal. I wanted to share some pics of detecting with the nokta fors gold detector. Ive had it since last august and been having a ball with it. I was able to go over flogged ground that i detected in grids many times with my gb pro detector with many different coils. and was able to get even more gold. so far its been the deepest vlf detector that i have used in 30 years of detecting. one of my favorite features on it is vibrate. you can feel it vibrate even on a birdshot. so if you cant hear well, it is a nice feature. well take care for now.

And looking forward to topics on this forum

thanks Rob for the great gpx bundle price!

Great snaps! Please upload some videos so that we could get to know more about this detector.

Oystrich

Just go do a search for the videos on the detector and your cup will run over with them.

I see this is your first post here and you come back anytime. You will find the guys are always willing to help in anyway they can.

So come back soon.

Chuck Anders

• 3 weeks later...

I just purchased the Nokta fors gold and got the package with 3 coils.. I've had this machine for about a week now and put about 35hrs on it... I have not found any gold with it yet as I am still learning the machine but I will say that every hr I use this machine I learn more about its potential as an awesome detector... Yup I'm a newbie with a gb2 that finds way smaller gold than the Nokta fors but the Nokta is a fun machine and has a lot of awesome features..just can't wait till I learn it alittle more and figure the find tuning on it ... I am finding birdshot and lead shots with it so I have a feeling in the right place this detector will prove an asset to my small collection of 2 machines... I have done my own ground tests and this machine will hit on sub grain pieces of gold.... I just need some more advice on settings from someone familiar with this machine...

Californiagold.... I have watched ur videos and could really use the help on settings... Thnx

Hey nugget,

Mosr places you will have to use boost mode for gold. But always try all metal first. But in boost mode , I run mine with sens. 80-85. Id mask at around 5. Down from 10. It hits alittle louder on tiny stuff. If detector is too noisy on ground. Turn sens.down 5 points at a time. But leave id mask at 5. Mine runs a little noisy sometimes with sens. Up at 85. But it is not as loud as a signal. Youll know when u get a signal. Vibrate mode will actually pick up the target about 1/2 " to 1 " deeper. Im not sure why. Fors gold will find tiny gold. So small it dont register even in grains. I ran a gb2 for years, I think fors gold can match it. But I think gb2 hits the tiny stuff louder. If you are in a tiny gold area, the little coil works great. But mostly the 11" coil will do the best all around. If you use all metal, it is your choice to use ground tracking. I dont use it much. I like to reground balance often. Especially in varible ground.

Good luck

Hey nugget,

Mosr places you will have to use boost mode for gold. But always try all metal first. But in boost mode , I run mine with sens. 80-85. Id mask at around 5. Down from 10. It hits alittle louder on tiny stuff. If detector is too noisy on ground. Turn sens.down 5 points at a time. But leave id mask at 5. Mine runs a little noisy sometimes with sens. Up at 85. But it is not as loud as a signal. Youll know when u get a signal. Vibrate mode will actually pick up the target about 1/2 " to 1 " deeper. Im not sure why. Fors gold will find tiny gold. So small it dont register even in grains. I ran a gb2 for years, I think fors gold can match it. But I think gb2 hits the tiny stuff louder. If you are in a tiny gold area, the little coil works great. But mostly the 11" coil will do the best all around. If you use all metal, it is your choice to use ground tracking. I dont use it much. I like to reground balance often. Especially in varible ground.

Good luck

Thnx californiagold...

I went out yesterday to an old mining pit that I used my GB2 and got skunked...also used an AT GOLD and got skunked..well yesterday I got 8 Lil nugglets.. One was .7grain and was around 3" deep...thnx for the advice...

post-72280-0-70342400-1432739226_thumb.j

The Racer that Rob sells is basically a FORS Gold/FORS CoRe in a lighter weight package. Identical target responses. Anyone wanting FORS performance but wanting to do business with Rob should just get a Racer.

The Gold Racer will be more specific to gold prospecting than the FORS models and the current Racer.

Congradulations Nugget on your first nokta gold. Looks like you did quite well. The more you run the fors gold, the better you become one with it. Was glad to help with your settings, but experiment yourself on some settings and maybe youll find some other settings that work for you and certain areas. Its always a learning game. Hope you find alot more.

Good luck

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Ya, I'm a bit behind the "Eight Ball" when it comes to getting stuff listed on my site. Keep in mind, I do all the work myself. That includes a full time job, the business, the website (design and products), forum and much more. I'm a one man show, so I'm doing my best to get stuff up quickly. If you don;t see something, call us. We do sell all Makro Products, but don't have the Racer on the site as of yet. I just have the Makro Pinpointer on the site for now, which is selling very well, better than any other pinpointer I sell.

Give us a call if you're looking.